World Vision Kenya Jobs 2023 for Project Manager – K-RAPID+
World Vision Kenya Jobs 2023 for Project Manager – K-RAPID+ available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Project Management – 30%
- Ensure proper planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project interventions in the project areas.
- Manage and coordinate the project team to ensure competent and motivated staff
- Provide technical support and leadership to Project Officer and driver to enable them effectively guide and support response interventions in the County.
- Ensure all project interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets and regularly review project status.
- Ensure that the project interventions are integrated with other projects in the program
- Ensure identification of local needs and resources and take appropriate programming measures.
- Mainstream cross-cutting issues (gender (GESI), CC, environment, advocacy, disability, child protection) in the project.
- Establish operational priorities and monitor performance targets for the respective field project staff
- Coordinate assessments, designs, measurements of construction and in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures in liaison with NO WASH team and other relevant partners
- Participate in staff and community capacity building initiatives as stipulated in project designs and guidelines as well as promoting relevant advocacy on WASH, livestock and natural resource management
- Ensure that project initiatives meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented in full compliance with WVK, the donor and other relevant partnership and international standards and guidelines;
Engagement and Networking – 30%
- Ensure close working collaboration with key National Institutions, County government & county institutions, private sector partners, NGO partners & other development programs, community and other local institutions e.g faith based organizations, rangeland committee etc.
- Ensure adequate representation with the donor, the Government of Kenya officials (National and County), private sector, Civil Society Groups, including Faith-Based Groups.
- Support implementing staff to successfully engage with key internal and external stakeholders including other WVK entities, community, faith leaders and civil society representatives in order to maximize the impact of interventions
- Build and maintain effective communications and pro-active relationships with partners in the County including visits by donors
Design Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation – 20%
- Lead in the development of the project design and ensure compliance with WVK and donor guidelines and standards.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of all project interventions as well as the successful achievement of proposed outcomes and intended impacts.
- Ensure timely and appropriate utilization of the budgeted project resources.
- Ensure proper application of business processes, standards and guidelines related to the project in accordance with the donor requirements.
- Ensure that the project achieves acceptable financial and operational audit results by implementing activities in accordance with established norm and policies.
- Ensure that all the activities are implemented and evaluated in accordance with the WVK and donor standards.
- Support the project officer to set up and maintain effective complaints and feedback mechanisms to ensure that beneficiary concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that an effective and participatory and effective M&E system is established in a decentralized manner
- Ensure that, in general, project monitoring arrangements comply with the project agreement and, in particular, the provisions of this agreement are fully observed in the design of project M&E.
- Ensure quality monthly, quarterly, semi annual and annual reports are compiled and submitted in a timely manner in line with the donor requirements.
- Document and disseminate lessons learnt and best practices on completed project initiatives on PPcPs
Capacity Building – 10%
- Identification and sharing of capacity building gaps among project staff, communities and partners.
- Lead the project in capacity building initiatives for staff, communities and partners to enable them effectively advocate for and implement project interventions.
- Ensure ongoing coaching and mentoring of project staff in order to ensure that they are able to perform and achieve the desired results.
- Manage performance of staff and encourage on-the-job training, identifying and addressing learning and training needs and opportunities
Resource Mobilization – 5%
- Map resource mobilization opportunities at local level and develop concepts and proposals in collaboration with Regional and National office teams.
Other Duties – 5%
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in either Agriculture, Rangeland Management, Water, Environmental studies, or a closely related field from a recognized University with relevant experience working in fragile contexts.
- Must have a minimum of five years’ of general experience with bias to;
- IWRM, as an integrated approach to water (& land) resources management.
- Market system development and/or institutional systems strengthening approaches/interventions.
- Working with Rangeland Management Committees (RMCs), as well as informal customary structures for sustainable rangeland resource governance with experience in climate change.
- Working with county governments and integration of program design with privates’ sector and other ongoing programs in an integrated manner for success. This includes gender transformative agenda for greater women empowerment by collaborating with county governments and community organized groups.
- Sustainable system strengthening and capacity building for improving access and service delivery
- Designing, planning, and implementation; supervising and reporting on integrated development of natural resource management and/or advocacy project.
- Working on donor funded programs and experience with USAID/BHA donor funded projects is an added advantage.
- Strong evidence of good interpersonal and communication skills
- Budgetary and financial management skills
- Highly flexible and organized, able to manage multiple, simultaneous demands and willing to take on new tasks on an ad hoc basis
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team in a high-pressure environment while adhering to deadlines
- Proficient in written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
- Notable experience of deployment in response to rapid and slow onset emergencies, including in a programme lead role
- Experience working with stakeholder feedback and complaints and response mechanisms
- County government understanding and engagement strategies
- Result-oriented leader who is able to handle a heavy workload as well as manager accountable and responsible to the donor and other stakeholders.
- Experience in managing projects in areas that are prone to resource-based conflicts e.g. northern Kenya.
- Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrates personal integrity and trustworthiness
- Ability to conceptualize and put into practice well researched initiatives
- Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance systems, and continuous improvement, with particular emphasis on integration of accountability measures into all aspects of the project cycle;
- Empirical knowledge of humanitarian codes, principles and practice;
- Good team player, self-starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships;
- Commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision
- Good analytical skills with appropriate attention to details
- Facilitates appropriate information flow amongst staff
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills.
- Practical knowledge of current thematic issues and debates in developing countries, and of the major institutional donors
- Good understanding of livelihoods and WASH programming and have had an experience with implementation of at least a USAID or SDC funded grant
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 June. 2023
Regards from Starbinet