United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Jobs 2023 for Research Analyst
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Jobs 2023 for Research Analyst available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Conduct an initial inventory and evaluation of existing digital and hard copy records relating to the Vienna Convention, the Montreal Protocol and its institutions and processes;
- Based on the initial inventory, develop a work plan that sets out key milestones and deliverables to achieve the objective of the consultancy, including recommendations on prioritization of the tasks relating to records management and the scope of the substantive output relating to lessons learned from the negotiation of ozone treaties and how they can be of benefit to current negotiations on an international legally binding instrument on plastic pollution, including in the marine environment and on climate change;
- In close coordination with the Information Management Assistant and consultation with relevant staff of the Ozone Secretariat and, as necessary, the UNEP librarian, develop a proposed classification scheme, file folder structure and naming convention for the Secretariat’s historical records and an annotated outline for the substantive output;
- Select a representative sample of records on which to apply the proposed classification scheme and naming convention;
- Refine the taxonomy, file folder structure and naming convention based on the piloting exercise;
- Implement the classification scheme and naming convention on the existing records of the Secretariat;
- Develop a first draft of the substantive output;
- Prepare a final report, including mapping of records against the taxonomy and file folder structure, a final inventory report listing records, and identifying which have been digitized, which have yet to be digitized, and recommendations on disposal and the completion of the digitization and archiving of the secretariat’s records;
- Submit the final draft of the substantive output, identifying key lessons learned from the negotiation of ozone treaties and their potential application to current negotiations on an international legally binding instrument on plastic pollution, including in the marine environment and on climate change.
- Advanced university degree in international relations, law or a related field required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s university degree.
- Successful completion of degree or non-degree programmes in records management or related field an advantage.
- A minimum of two years of progressive working experience in legal research, records management or a related field is required.
- Familiarity with the records and information management system of the United Nations is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the ozone treaties, their history, institutions and processes is desirable.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12 April. 2023
Regards from Starbinet