United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Jobs 2023 for Finance and Budget Assistant [temporary]
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Jobs 2023 for Finance and Budget Assistant [temporary] available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
- Provides support with respect to the review, analyses and preparation of the medium-term plan and its revisions.
- Prepares supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements.
- Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Undertakes research and provides support to higher level Finance & Budget Officers with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
- Monitors expenditures and compares with approved budget; prepares adjustments as necessary.
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure
- correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and
- availability of funds.
- correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and
- Assists in preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Monitors integrity of various financial databases.
- Verifies accuracy of input data, ensuring consistency of data in previous allotments to new allotments issued.
- Co-ordinates with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of budget reports.
- Periodic reconciliation of accounts (Umoja systems)
- Prepare request to Fund Management Officer (FMO) on redeployment of funds and to UNON Finance section on movement of funds
- Take action in putting exchange rates in Umoja System
- Record in Umoja system inputs on direct disbursement and miscellaneous document
- Review the monthly expenditures in Umoja and suggest to FMO adjustment as necessary
- Review data on monthly staffing complement
- Process fund distribution received from Corporate Services Division (CSD) and input allotment advice in Umoja System
- Identifies deposits in UNEP Treasury weekly reports.
- Files and archives as required.
- Keeps up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme, ensuring compliance with intergovernmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures.
- Drafts or prepares correspondence to respond to inquiries in respect to relevant financial and budget matters.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date files.
- May be responsible for providing guidance, training and daily supervision to other general service staff in the area of responsibility.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures in the UN environment. Knowledge, skills and ability to extract, interpret, analyse and format data across the full range of finance and budget functions, including programme development and database management, claims and treasury operations. Ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- TECHNOLOGICAL AWARENESS: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
- The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Additional technical training in the field of accounting, finance and business administration is desirable.
- Seven (7) years of experience in project fund management, finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area is required .
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable
- Work experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) e.g. SAP is desirable.
- Experience with the United Nations System or similar international organization is desirable
- Work experience interpreting and applying administrative and financial policies is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English is required
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10 April. 2023
Regards from Starbinet