United Nations Environment Programme Jobs 2023 for Switch Africa Green Programme Graphic Designer
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Jobs 2023 for Switch Africa Green Programme Graphic Designer available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
- UNEP, with financial support from the European Commission and in collaboration with EU Delegations in participating countries and other regional and national partners, is implementing SWITCH Africa Green Programme. The overall objective of SWITCH Africa Green programme is to support 7 countries in Africa (Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, South Africa and Uganda) to achieve sustainable development by engaging in transition towards an inclusive green economy, based on sustainable consumption and production patterns, while generating growth, creating decent jobs and reducing poverty.
- The specific objective of the project is to support the development of green businesses and eco entrepreneurship, and use of Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) practices by having in place (i) Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and business service providers that are better equipped to seize opportunities for green business development, ii) better informed public and private consumers, and (iii) enabling conditions in form of clear policies, sound regulatory frameworks, incentives structures, tax, other fiscal and market-based instruments influencing key sector(s) in 7 African countries (Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, South Africa, and Uganda)
- The SWITCH Africa Green project combines work at the micro and macro-levels, providing targeted support to green private sector development initiatives. M&SMEs are supported through intermediary business organizations that facilitate changes in practices and choices by producers and consumers. The project also supports the development of policies, which influence investment choices. The Project has three main components: i) Policy support for each pilot country which will build on and scale up activities to strengthen institutions and appropriate tools and instruments; ii) Green Business development to enable Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (M&SMEs) to start and develop resource efficient and green business based on sustainable production practices; and iii) Networking Facility to enable dissemination of lessons learned from the project. The project is implemented in close coordination and cooperation with other UN Agencies, including UNDP, UNOPS and other regional partners.
- The IC will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator, Resource Efficiency and Sustainable Consumption and Production, in the UNEP Resource Efficiency and Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) sub-programme in the Africa Office
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent is required. Supplementary knowledge in information packaging and/or graphic design is desirable
- A minimum of five years’ experience in graphic design and information packaging and a good knowledge of Switch Africa Green Project, is required
- Understanding and strong knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalent software is required. Knowledge of HTML, After Effects, Premier Pro or equivalent is an advantage.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent oral, written, visually creative and proofing communications skills. is required
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines.
- Good knowledge of print media, digital media, branding and international design, is desirable
- Excellent planning and time management skills. Strong ability to prioritize and deliver across multiple projects while maintaining quality and attention to detail. is desirable
- Ability to use appropriate design/communication methods for the subject and audience is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7 April. 2023
Regards from Starbinet