United Nations Environment Programme Jobs 2023 for Programme Management Officer, P4 Service
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Jobs 2023 for Programme Management Officer, P4 Service available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
This position is located within the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Data and Statistics Unit of the Office of the Director Capacity Development and Innovation Branch in the Science Division at the Nairobi duty station. The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Manages the SDG Indicators under UNEP custodianship:
- Manage the systems analysis, design, development, and implementation of environment statistics data processing system(s) for the collection, processing, presentation and dissemination of statistical information on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) under UNEP custodianship and for the inclusion of this data in the World Environment Situation Room and the UNSD SDG Global Database.
- Generates survey initiatives.
- Designs data collection tools.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Confer with national statistical offices and other national, internal and external stakeholders to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications.
- Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Co-ordinates all actions required for the effective implementation of projects:
- Develops, implements, and evaluates assigned projects.
- Monitors and analyzes project development and implementation.
- Reviews relevant documents and reports.
- Identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions.
- Liaises with relevant parties and ensures follow-up actions.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.)
- Conducts capacity building workshops on environment statistics, SDGs and SDMX:
- Provides substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Initiates and coordinates outreach activities and conducts training workshops on Environment statistics and SDMX, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Leads and/or participates in field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
- Manages the SDMX standard implementation in UNEP:
- Review, analyze and evaluate user needs for the design, development, and implementation of the system to ensure Statistical Data and Metadata eXchange (SDMX) compliance.
- Represents UNEP in the SDMX Statistical and SDGs Working Groups and in the SDMX Experts meetings.
- Develop customized Data Structure Definitions (DSD) for data exchange of indicators with no existing DSDs, and other functional specifications and user documentation.
- Manages UNEP Environmental, Social and Economic database :
- Maintain the Environmental, Social and Economic data in World Environment Situation Room database up to date and add required indicators and their data by linking new data sources to the database.
- Manages and maintain the SDG Interface Ontology (SDGIO) in collaboration with the ontology experts and link it to broader SDGs and domains related ontologies as part of Linked Open Data.
- Write detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Supervise and provide guidance to junior staff, UNV’s and interns.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Performs other duties as required.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to environment, project or programme management and administration. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection and validation using various methods. Data Analysis & Visualization skills, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various data sources, and an understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. The ability to analyse and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- COMMITMENT TO CONTINUOUS LEARNING: Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession; actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally; contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates; shows willingness to learn from others; seeks feedback to learn and improve.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- MANAGING PERFORMANCE: Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority; makes sure that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each staff member; accurately judges the amount of time and resources needed to accomplish a task and matches task to skills; monitors progress against milestones and deadlines; regularly discusses performance and provides feedback and coaching to staff; encourages risk-taking and supports creativity and initiative; actively supports the development and career aspirations of staff; appraises performance fairly.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Environmental studies, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is a desirable.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the collection, compilation, verification and dissemination of statistical data, as well as management of databases and webpage development is required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 24 March. 2023
Regards from Starbinet