United Nations Environment Programme Jobs 2023 for Finance and Budget Officer, P3
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Jobs 2023 for Finance and Budget Officer, P3 available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
- Reviews and analyses data with respect to the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements in accordance with UNEP’s mandates.
- Provides support to managers with respect to the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Reviews, analyses and provides input into finalization of programme budget.
- Provides substantive support to relevant bodies in their budget review; assists in securing approval of the budget.
- Issues allotments, including redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
- Monitors budget implementation and determines/recommends reallocation of funds when necessary.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels.
- Reviews all requisitions for goods and services to ensure correct objects of expenditure have been charged, ensuring availability of funds.
- Administers and monitors corporate extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules, donor stipulations and established policies and procedures.
- Prepares relevant documentation with respect to budget performance submissions.
- Reviews and makes appropriate recommendations with respect to the finalization of budget performance reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Provides substantive support to intergovernmental and legislative bodies.
- Keeps up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing on matters related to programme and/or core budgets, ensuring compliance with intergovernmental recommendations and decisions as well as with United Nations policies and procedures.
- Monitors and supervises the work of subordinate staff as required;
- Certify/Approve financial transactions in accordance with the UN Financial Regulation and Rules.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures in the UN environment. Knowledge, skills and ability to extract, interpret, analyse and format data across the full range of finance and budget functions, including programme development and database management, claims and treasury operations. Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems. The ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Take ownership of responsibilities and honour commitments; Deliver outputs within prescribed time, cost and quality; Operate in compliance with rules; Support subordinates, provide oversight and take responsibility for delegated assignments; Take responsibility for shortcomings.
- PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, or related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Finance or accounting qualification, such as Certification in Public Accounting (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is desirable.
- A minimum five (5) years of work experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area is required.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is required.
- Experience in the application of United Nations Financial Rules and Regulations or in similar international organization is desirable.
- Experience in an international organization such as the United Nations is desirable.
- Minimum two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25 May. 2023
Regards from Starbinet