United Nations Environment Programme Jobs 2023 for Administrative Assistant, G5
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Jobs 2023 for Administrative Assistant, G5 available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
A. General Administration:
- Respond or draft responses to routine correspondence and other communications; assist in monitoring processes and schedules related the unit’s outputs, products, tasks; where applicable, assist in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures.
- Update and maintain large distribution lists; Monitor, prepare and distribute various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; Handle arrangement for printing as necessary; Coordinate shipment arrangements, courier services.
- Serves as focal point for Information Communication Technology and Services (ICTS) coordination obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions.
- Assist in office space planning, identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems.
- Supports the UN Africa Office in the organization of events/meetings /conferences.
B. Human Resource Management:
- Perform general administrative tasks (e.g. leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up), to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests /documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, visa applications).
- Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary.
- Maintains and reviews organizational staffing tables.
C. Contract Administration:
- Perform UMOJA processing of shopping carts and other procurement related functions.
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged and (b) availability of funds.
- Assists with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged and (b)availability of funds.
- Processes the payment of contractors’ invoices and monitor payments.
- Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, Section or Service UN staff, including auto mail functions UN grounds passes, property passes, UN parking permits, swipe-card access and door keys.
D. Budget & Finance:
- Assist in monitoring expenditures related to stationery and office supplies and compares with approved budget; prepares adjustments as necessary.
- Assist in monitoring status of expenditures and allotments, records variations, updates budget tables.
- Consolidates data received and provides support to higher-level staff with respect to budget reviews.
- Provide guidance/training to new/junior staff and peers.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g. budget/work programme, human resources, database management, etc. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by
- professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be
- accepted in lieu of the GGST.
- The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- Supplementary training in office administration is desirable.
- Additional technical qualifications, such as MS Office and web-based applications proficiency is desirable.A minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsible experience in administration, procurement, finance or related area is required.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems such as Umoja Source to Acquire or other similar systems is desirable.
- Experience within the United Nations or other international organizations is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is a desirable.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10 June. 2023
Regards from Starbinet