UN Women Jobs 2023 for Regional Security Specialist (ESA and WCA) Service
UN Women Jobs 2023 for Regional Security Specialist (ESA and WCA) Service available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
Duties And Responsibilities
Provide guidance and advice to the RO and field offices in the region
- Provide security advice, recommendations to the RO and field offices in the region, including senior management;
- Approve organizational missions;
- Develop and implement UN Women security policy, interpret existing security policies;
- Manage security evaluations and provide advice on security measures for the residences (Residential Security Measures – RSM) of UN Women personnel, as well as on latest trends and threats to personnel safety and security;
- Track developing threats and related risks, reviewing the impact of security factors and risk on UN Women personnel, premises, assets, planning, programme design and delivery;
- Provides timely and proactive recommendations to the UN Women Security Adviser, Senior Management, regarding effective risk prevention and mitigation measures, including possible UN Women support needs and improvements;
- Provide security surge support outside of the designated ‘Duty Station’ as required;
- Provide remote security support to identified UN Women personnel, offices, programmes and projects as required;
- Advise and support UN Women Security Focal points with regard UN Women online security assessments systems.
Manage security assessments and take necessary action
- Manage substantive assessment of the security situation at the duty station and ensure adequate collation and verification of security information;
- Finalize organisational security assessments to enable UN Women programme delivery;
- Participates in UNSMS mandated security risk management assessments, and communicates change process where applicable.
Liaise with and participate in the local security community
- Liaise and coordinate with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations, UN entities, and other non-State actors;
- Participate as a member of security groups, particularly IASMN Working Groups as designated by the UN Women Global Security Adviser;
- Provide an advisory presence at UN security management meetings such as the country SMT, UNCT, and OMT
- Maintain a security network of international and national security personnel;
- Represent UN Women on behalf of the Global Security Adviser at security meetings, and attends security; workshops/training sessions, working groups and conferences as directed;
- Participate in inter-agency security working groups to advise other UN agencies on the mainstreaming of gender into security and risk management and advocate the UN Women mandate.
Communicate security information to RO and offices in the field
- Provides update, initial input, design and information to HQ in relation to the security intranet portal, documentation, reports;
- Disseminate security information and measures to personnel; using security’s intranet page to share policy and programme updates;
- Disseminate analytical products and outputs of the Section to stakeholders; Conduct regular communications with UN Women Security Focal Points;
- Establish a UN Women Warden System/Communication Tree where applicable;
- Assist UN Women offices in assigned region on implementation of UN Women Mass Notification and Personnel Accounting system.
Develop, manage and implement the UN Women Security Plan, including updating personnel lists
- Manage the development and communication of the UN Women Security Plan in accordance with the UN Security Plan; evaluate and maintain the plan;
- Manage the preparation and review of the UN Security Plan and provide technical support in its implementation;
- Provide advice and recommendations in the selection and purchasing of security equipment and services;
- Procure security services and equipment as required;
- Prepare and submit security clearance/movement of personnel requests;
- Develop, manage, coordinate and implement the UN Women Warden System.
Monitor, manage, implement and communicate UN Women compliance of the Security Risk Management Measures (SRMM) established for the duty station/s
- Compile data required for the SRMM Self-Assessment of the UN Women and UN Security Compliance Survey (SCS) Programme, as required;
- Provide technical support to and strategic advice the UN Women Security Focal Point in the Completion and updating of the SCS;
- Provide technical support to and strategic advice the UN Women Security Focal Point in the evaluation and implementation of the UN Women Security Compliance Action Plan (SCAP);
- Provide technical advisory support to the Security Focal Point for the UN Women Security Compliance Enhancement Funding (SCEF);
- Manage the implementation of SRMM for UN Women personnel, premises and assets, and systems and protocols, in accordance with organizational risk acceptance, ensuring the mainstreaming of security;
- Provide UN Women managers with prescriptive content such as policy, risk management methodology, SRMM and RSM;
- Provide technical support to security compliance input of all UN Women offices within AOR;
- Provide technical support to the Programme team in completing and submitting the UN Women online Programme Assessment format.
Reports on security matters affecting UN Women personnel, programmes, offices and assets
- Manage the preparation of security reports, such as the Security & Safety Incident Reporting System (SSIRS), Security Risk Management (SRM) Assessments and other ad-hoc incident reports;
- Manage security evaluations and surveys of RO/MCO/CO/PPOs, as required;
- Finalize accurate and timely written country briefings; add substantive inputs to position papers from a field perspective;
- Provide periodic reports on UN Women implementation of internal and external security protocols and systems;
- Provide information to the country UN Security Management System (UNSMS) as required.
Develop and conduct all training contained in the UN Women Security Education Programme
- Participate in the development and delivery of UNSMS training;
- Develop UN Women specific security training and conduct security training;
- Provide security orientation to newly assigned personnel members and security briefings;
- Provide security mainstreaming sessions as required;
- Provide Business Continuity training sessions as required and under the guidance of the UN Women Business
- Continuity Manager;
- Provide Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) training sessions as required and under the guidance of the UN Women Occupational Safety and Health Manager;
- Provide Business Continuity Plan training sessions and assist in implementation of Business Continuity and Crisis Management Application required;
- Monitor compliance with Business Continuity and Crisis Management requirements and guide UN Women offices to achieve desired compliance level;
- Coordinate with Human Resources to provide UN Women Representatives and Heads of Offices security briefings.
- Identify, develop and deliver specialized security training under the guidance of the Global Security Adviser.
Manage the Budget and Finances
- Manage the security annual work plan and related budget; initiate budget revisions for approval;
- Prepare security budgets as well as completion of UN Women SCEF funding requests;
- Provide substantive security inputs to UN Women AWP/SN, programme appraisal bodies, and related budgets;
- Monitor and support allotted UN Women Security Compliance funds to budget and utilize them in a timely manner within Quantum;
- Monitor and communicate the costs and expenditures remain within budget and approved limits through the monitoring of monthly Quantum budget reports;
- Keep the Global Security Adviser updated on expenditures in the operational budget and follow closely remaining expenditure;
- Manage budget closures and reports as per HQ processes;
- Ensure that all projects and programmes contribute resources to implementation of security measures.
- Provide supervision and guidance to Sub-Regional Security Specialists;
- Act as second reporting offices for in-country security staff when required;
- Provide guidance and training to Local Security Associates in assigned region.
Perform Other Security-related Tasks Including But Not Limited To
- Provide Air Travel Focal Point services to UN Women as per ARMO requirements;
- Initiate and develop liaison with commercial companies used for UN Women security at offices and residences, in order to ensure the effective and efficient use of the guard force.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality and timely security recommendations and advice
- Adherence to UN Women and UN security standards
- Provide timely and accurate security reports
- Accurate and timely implementation of the overall UN Women security plan
- Provide accurate information and briefings to personnel, including newly hired personnel and non-personnel
- Regular interaction, establish and maintain good relationships with important partners, including Security Focal Points, UN agencies and external parties
- Timely completion and input to the UN Women security business process SCS – SCAP- SCAP
- Ensure to maximize security compliance within AOR
- Ensure UN Women BCP completion in accordance with the ORMS Policy
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent knowledge of security and risk management;
- Excellent knowledge of country’s security situation/ laws;
- Ability to be client focused;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear, presentable and concise formats;
- Ability to build effective client relationships and partnerships;
- Ability to interact at all levels of staff/organization;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to provide guidance and support to others;
- Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time;
- Ability to develop creative solutions;
- Ability to function effectively in crisis and stressful circumstances.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
Required Skills And Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in management, security, security management, business administration, law enforcement, international relations, programme management or a related field.
- A first-level university degree in these or similar fields, in combination with a multi-year education in security management, such as UN, military or police senior Command and Staff College qualification with command experience at senior level, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in security of which at least 4 of those years is in regional security role is required;
- Budget management experience as it relates to field security support is required
- Experience of conducting security risk assessments as integral part of operational planning and the enabling of operations is required
- Experience of relevant policy development and implementation is required.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28 February. 2023
Regards from Starbinet