UN Women Jobs 2023 for Programme Associate
UN Women Jobs 2023 for Programme Associate available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. In doing so, UN Member States took an historic step in accelerating the Organization’s goals on gender equality and the empowerment of women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system, which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment:
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide effective Support to Programme and Project Formulation and Implementation:
- Support to M/COs in programme/project design and management, inputs in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Support R/M/COs in ensuring UNW policies and procedures are adhered to for efficient programme/project implementation and progress;
- Follow-up with R/M/COs in implementation of audit recommendations specific to Projects/Programmes;
- Programmatic risks management and mitigation support to R/M/COs in a progressive and inclusive manner (partners);
- Advise M/COs on effective Implementing Partner (IP) engagement modalities based on risk-assessment results;
- Facilitate/support to R/M/COs on the operational closure of programmes/projects based on SOPs;
- Assist in organizing meetings, workshops etc., drafting minutes including internal and external correspondence;
- Ensure compliance and provide oversight of Cost Sharing Agreements and MOUs in ESAR in line with corporate requirements and strategic plans liaising with relevant HQ Units in collaboration with SPCU mainly through DAMs, PGAMs corporate systems.
- Provide programme Operational Support:
- Create projects in Quantum, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- In collaboration with Finance Tracking programme/project implementation of RO and identify programmatic bottlenecks;
- Support Finance Unit in follow-up actions of R/M/COs aging advances, unapplied funds, and delayed donor tranche receipts as part of Project Monitoring;
- In collaboration with Operations Unit, support roll-out and application of corporate systems such as Partner Grants & Agreements Management System (PGAMS) and Project Gateway in ESAR;
- Provide logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions including travel arrangements for the strategic support unit;
- Prepare information materials, presentations, briefing packages for meetings/workshops.
- Provide support to programme monitoring and reporting:
- Tracking quarterly reporting (RMS) by RO and M/COs to ensure timeliness;
- Regularly check for donor reporting timelines and sending early reminders to the responsible persons in RO and M/COs;
- Review R/M/COs reporting for quality assurance;
- Provide technical review to R/M/CO AWPs during the development/planning process;
- Participate in verification monitoring and prepare observations/findings reports;
- Track implementation of recommendations from verification monitoring findings;
- Verification of CO reports/data;
- Develop/review quarterly and annual reports for R/M/COs.
- Provide administrative support to Deputy Regional Director:
- Manage the UN Women Deputy Regional Director’s calendars, and schedule of appointments and meetings;
- Support the DRD’s electronic office system and ensured safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Act as a conduit between DRD and staff in approval of documents, scheduling of meeting;
- Follow up with the Deputy Regional Director on deadlines and commitments;
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between the UN Women Deputy Regional Director’s Office and other units within ESAR.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
- Coordinate the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO/MCO/RO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems;
- Quality background and presentation materials.
Required Skills And Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of Quantum is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge in another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29 March. 2023
Regards from Starbinet