Transparency International – Kenya Jobs 2023 for Finance Intern
Transparency International – Kenya Jobs 2023 for Finance Intern available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Officer, the intern will be responsible for supporting the successful execution of tasks within the department. These include but not limited to timely and accurate handling, sorting and filing of finance and accounting documents; processing of financial and accounting information; filing of financial and accounting records; reconciliations; procurement tasks, and any general tasks as may be delegated from time to time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Record Management & Receipting
- Receive, sort and file documents of original entry- delivery notes, invoices, statements (bank, creditors), contracts, approved internal memos, LPOs etc;
- Ensure proper and accurate record keeping and filing of all TI-Kenya accounting documents within the Finance Department;
- Scan approved payment vouchers, contracts and file them on the central document folders;
- Assist in the retrieval of documents for audit purposes or as need arises.
Invoicing and payments
- Review all petty cash vouchers (HQ and Regions) and ensure the spend is as per approved finance guidelines;
- Prepare petty cash journal entries in the ERP system;
- Assist in processing, payment and management of staff imprest, and other statutory deductions;
- Ensure that all payment remittances are sent to suppliers;
- Assist the Finance Officer in posting of invoices in the ERP system.
- Support procurement processes within TI-Kenya inckuding issuing approved and executed Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) as well as contracts to service providers.
- Data entry in the financial management system (MS Dynamics – Business Central);
- Assist in accurate and timely posting/capturing of documents of original entry into the accounting system i.e. receipts, invoices, credit notes, contracts etc;
- In collaboration with the Finance Officer, investigate and/or resolve invoice discrepancies and issues that may be raised by vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounts, Business Administration or any other related qualification from a recognized institution;
- Relevant professional qualification like CPA and ACCA will be an added advantage;
- At least 6 months’ experience working in a busy finance and accounts environment, preferably in the CSO/NGO or private sector;
- Proven experience using computer programmes including MS Office Suite;
- Working experience in MS Dynamics Business Central is desirable.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- A person of high integrity that will model TI-Kenya’s core values;
- Good knowledge of TI-Kenya and the environment in which it operates;
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives and values of TI-Kenya;
- Costing and cost control;
- Budgeting and budgetary control;
- Cash management;
- Honest, diligent and trustworthy;
- Shown merit in work performance and results;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills;
- Good interpersonal/ relational skills;
- A sense of urgency and prioritization of tasks.
How to Apply
Fill Onliine application Form : Click Here
Submit your CV with contacts of at least three professional referees and Application letter to email
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 5 May. 2023
Regards from Starbinet