ThinkWell Jobs 2023 for Deputy Country Director Service
ThinkWell Jobs 2023 for Deputy Country Director Service available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
ThinkWell is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of society as a means to achieve global prosperity. Since 2011, ThinkWell has helped over 30 countries to achieve long-lasting improvements to their health systems. We have staff and offices in the U.S., Switzerland, Philippines, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Kenya, and Uganda. In addition, we are working in more than 10 other countries on health financing and health systems issues.
The Kenya DCD position also plays a critical leadership and management role for the Strategic Purchasing for Primary Health Care (SP4PHC), a four year project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that is supporting countries to improve how funds are allocated to healthcare providers in order to achieve the goal of universal health coverage.
The DCD brings substantial technical and managerial expertise as well as in-country experience and industry knowledge in the field of health systems strengthening, with a focus on health financing. The ideal candidate is a hands-on manager, enthusiastic to shape the growth of a cutting-edge enterprise. S/he has sophisticated political skills to navigate the complex environment in Kenya. S/he is prepared to work independently, and as part of a small, high level, distributed team. Clear, open, frank, communication is a priority, using calls as well as project team software to build a collaborative environment with the wider ThinkWell team.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya. This is a full-time position. The DCD reports to the Country Director and supervises program staff.
- Work closely with the Country Director in developing country program strategies and activity plans
- Oversee program implementation, ensuring timely and effective delivery of strategic and program objectives
- Ensure development of cost effective and realistic budgets and monitor program expenditure to ensure budgets are adhered to
- Provide direct technical assistance in one or more of the following: strategic purchasing, public financial management, performance-based financing
- Ensure production of high-quality outputs. Lead the development of technical documents, project status reports, blogs and articles for publication and dissemination on ThinkWell’s website, external sites, and at conferences
- Ensure Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning frameworks are developed for each program and implemented
- Work closely with HR and Finance to ensure all programs are adequately resourced and set up for success
- Collaborate with contracts and compliance staff globally to ensure all programs are in compliance with donor contractual obligations and adhere to ThinkWell requirements
- Manage and monitor project sub-contracts (if any)
- Represent ThinkWell, consult and coordinate with key stakeholders within government, donors, and other entities to build ThinkWell program and reputation
- Lead by example, delegate effectively, demonstrate integrity, motivate and inspire others
- Effectively manage in-country program team, proactively growing team members by focusing on their professional development and capacity building
- Develop Terms of References for program consultants and supervise their work
- Communicate with other ThinkWell project managers globally to build, share, exchange and disseminate technical knowledge
- Conduct regular program support visits to program locations to provide programmatic direction and support to ThinkWell staff and partners
New Business Strategy and Development
- In collaboration with the Country Director, support the design and execution of new projects, including building relationships and proposal development
- Collaborate with Design Lab to collect, analyze and pursue new business information and contacts locally
- Provide oversight on the development of project proposals and budgets
- Play a key role in the implementation of the SP4PHC program in Kenya
- Refine SP4PHC program objectives and activities to respond to emerging policy issues and the changing context
- Monitor project progress through review of evidence, regular field visits, and meetings with policy makers and other partners, service providers, communities, and other stakeholders. Feedback progress through routine discussions with program directors. Propose and implement actions to maintain progress
- Actively engage with key stakeholders in Kenya to contribute to ongoing discussions around health financing reforms more broadly and the purchasing of primary health care using learnings from the SP4PHC project
- Support the implementation of the project’s learning agenda as well as routine monitoring activities. This includes guiding and monitoring the work of local agencies contracted to undertake data collection and/or other health systems research. Take responsibility for production of timely and high-quality analysis and evidence
- Masters in health economics, public health or other related field and at least 10 years of relevant experience;
- Substantive experience in relevant health systems work with a development agency, NGO, or government; experience in health financing in the public sector is required;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Office, PowerPoint is required;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili;
- Visionary and strategic leadership- able to inspire and rally a team around a shared vision;
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Strong writer with an established track record of preparing high-quality technical reports, policy briefing materials, and presentations;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Demonstrated poise and professionalism in engaging with external partners, donors, governments and stakeholders;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas;
- Ability and willingness to travel about 25% of time.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28 February. 2023
Regards from Starbinet