Strathmore University Jobs 2020 for Business Development Manager available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Business Development Manager in Strathmore University.
Strathmore University is a Chartered University located in Nairobi, Kenya. It was the first multiracial and multi religious educational institution in English speaking Eastern Africa and more recently the first institute of higher learning to be ISO certified in East and Central Africa in 2004. Our mission is to provide all-round quality education in an atmosphere of freedom and responsibility; excellence in teaching, research and scholarship; ethical and social development; and service to society.
To increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the department
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Client Retention
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- To be the liaison between SRCC and various schools and centers of the University.
- Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Effective coordination of administrative functions and operations in Business Development.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Any other duties that may be delegated by the Managing Director.
- Bachelor degree Business Administration/ Management/ Project Management/Marketing or as an alternative extensive experience in a Business Development role in a corporate environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience with extensive knowledge in Business development & marketing.
Competencies and Attributes
- Good Planning and reporting skills
- Good business acumen
- Good Financial Management skills
- Results Orientation
- Good communications skills
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Customer Focus
Relationships and working contacts
Internal Stakeholders: SRCC and University Staff
External Stakeholders: Partners and Clients
This role is an office based
The applications should be sent to
Closing Date : 30th November, 2020
Guess this advert on Strathmore University was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.