SportPesa Jobs 2023 for Legal Officer Service
SportPesa Jobs 2023 for Legal Officer Service available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as legal counsel for SportPesa’s legal matters in Kenya.
- Ongoing monitoring of applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Develops, implements and maintains legal strategy, standards, directives, policies, procedures and standard contract provisions.
- Provides strategic legal advice to meet strategic goals and to protect business reputation and interests and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts.
- Lead cross-functional teams in role as legal advisor.
- Act with a high degree of initiative and independence to identify issues and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Coordinate with Legal colleagues in affiliated entities.
- Assist colleagues and Chief Legal Officer in cost-effective and timely resolution of business disputes and lawsuits.
- Participate in Risk Reviews according to Company and Business directives and instructions.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Development of pragmatic and effective standards, directives, policies, and procedures suited to business needs and constraints.
- Optimization and standardization of standards, directives, policies, and procedures.
- Provide counsel to colleagues and operate as a cross-functional team member while maintaining independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Building awareness for the increasing influence and impact of applicable laws, regulations and policies
- A Law Degree from any recognized University;
- A Diploma from the Kenya School of Law or an exemption by the Council of Legal Education;
- Admission to the Roll of Advocates;
- Must not have any pending complaints with the Advocates Complaints Commission, the Disciplinary Committee or adverse report from current and previous employer(s)
- 2-4 years of post-admission experience at a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Extensive commercial experience, including drafting and negotiating and other services agreements, licenses and strategic transactions
- A current practicing certificate, in good standing, to practice law Kenya.
- Previous experience, especially in betting industry, preferred.
- Intellectual flexibility and business-oriented attitude
- Creative and practical legal advisor who can communicate information accurately and completely, while being concise and digestible for non-lawyers
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Thoughtful and persuasive interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Experience of developing and implementing best practices
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 16 February. 2023
Regards from Starbinet