Salaries & Renumeration Commission Jobs 2021 for Senior Officer – Allowances and Benefits available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Senior Officer – Allowances and Benefits in Salaries & Renumeration Commission.
The Commission was established when the fiscal sustainability of the wage-bill; attraction and retention of requisite skills to execute public service functions; productivity and performance; and transparency and fairness in remuneration setting and review, is seriously in question. It came at a time when the slow growth of the economy and high cost of living has eroded the purchasing power of most workers. The Salaries and Remuneration Commission was established with a view to bring order and sanity in salary setting. VISION Equitable and sustainable remuneration and benefits for state and public officers in kenya. MISSION To set, review and advise on fair, competitive and sustainable remuneration and benefits through research and analysis. CORE VALUES Integrity Objectivity Team Work Inclusiveness Responsiveness Creativity and Innovation Accountability and Transparency
Job Grade: RL 5
Directorate: Remuneration Services
Reporting to: Principal Officer, Allowances and Benefits Job Type:
To analyze data and information relating to allowances and benefits for public sector and make appropriate recommendations in line with the Commissions mandate
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviewing allowances and benefits for public sector;
- Collect and Collate data on Allowances and Benefits and recommend reviews as appropriate;
- Maintain an up to date data base on allowances and benefits;
- Analyze submissions on allowances and benefits from stakeholders and make appropriate recommendations;
- Undertake periodic reviews and make recommendations on pensions to compensate for the rise in the cost of living;
- Analyze the impact of salary remuneration reviews on pension and make recommendations on its sustainability;
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to Supervisor;
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets
- Adhere to budgetary allocation;
- Implement the functional risk management framework;
Qualifications and Personal Specifications
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Economics, Statistics, Human Resources, Public Administration) or relevant field of study from a recognized university;
- Pension Trustees Development Programme Certificate or any other related field is an added advantage
- Post-graduate Diploma in Human Resources/ CHRP II/Law or in a related field;
- Relevant work experience of at least six (6) years in a reputable organization;
- Membership to relevant professional body
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Knowledge of public finance management principles and processes;
- Demonstrated competency and capability in handling remuneration matters.
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify customer needs and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the Public Service Policies and practices on remuneration;
Guess this advert on Salaries & Renumeration Commission was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.