Rose Avenue Group Jobs 2023 for Assistant General Manager – Engineering, Stores and Services
Rose Avenue Group Jobs 2023 for Assistant General Manager – Engineering, Stores and Services available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
The main role is effective management of the engineering, maintenance, stores and services departments to ensure timeous, cost effective maintenance and development of the company’s machinery, equipment, factories and irrigation infrastructure, in addition to the effective management of the company stores. To be the overall engineering, stores and services resource for the Company, providing technical input as required.
JOB PURPOSE and KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the strategic decision-making process of Executive Management
- Be the custodian of all Engineering operations
- Develop improved courses of action
- Plan all Engineering/Maintenance activities
- Ensure effective management of the division budget.
- All Monthly returns must be reviewed to ensure compliance with budget procedures at all times.
- Prepare and finalize monthly reports.
- Ensure administrative procedural policies are implemented and carried out.
- Authorize staff annual leave, sick leave and other allowances.
- Represent the company at different meetings/committees etc. where required
- Secure Company assets
- Ensure cost effective maintenance and repairs
- Control quality of work
- Ensure Avocado Packhouse Maintenance
- Assume responsibility as the main Engineering resource in Macadamia Factory maintenance and Infrastructure development
- Oversee existing and new Irrigation developments and operations
- Oversee implementation of vehicle/tractor maintenance programs
- Assume overall responsibility for applicable legislation
- Safe guard water supply
- Manage and control Consulting Engineers and or Contractors
- Visit operations i.e. ensure that engineering, machinery and electricity issues are managed cost effectively and efficiently
- Plan machine requirements for product processing
- Plan machine installations
- Manage suppliers
- Consult concerned parties
- Manage purchase of machines/material
- Prepare final plans for installations
- Manage and oversee delivery and installation of machines/material
- Commission projects
- Ensure sound relations in the division
- Ensure all Union matters are address appropriately.
- Plan Utilization of Labour
- Monitor staff activities on the estate
- Maintain communication with estate staff
- Manage training programs of subordinate estate staff
- Maintain staff discipline
- Measure subordinate staff performance
- Carrying out Village improvement schemes and Village Environmental Committee (VEC) meetings
- Innovative application of Engineering research and development
- Oversee and monitor security within designated areas of the farm
Community Support & Projects
- Promote and run community projects as agreed with the Corporate Affairs Manager
- Maintain good community relations
Health, Safety & Environment
- Continuously by ensuring compliance to all relevant safety procedures and legislation by all staff and labour on the estate.
- Adhere and maintain Environmental & NEMA legislation & company policies
- Carry out any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- Minimum of BSc. Engineering (Mechanical or Civil Engineering)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in; Engineering and Stores services, with at least 3 years in Senior Management role
- Ideal candidate should have experience in Agricultural/Horticultural Engineering, Stores and Services operations.
- All aspects of mechanical/electrical/irrigation/civil engineering
- Setting up financial budgets, financial management and control
- Report writing skills and excellent inter personal relationship skills
How to Apply
submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12 May. 2023
Regards from Starbinet