Public Service Commission Kenya Jobs 2023 for Chairperson – Commission on Revenue Allocation
Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK) Jobs 2023 for Chairperson – Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
The Commission dates back to 1954 when Civil Service Commission was established by British Colonial Government following Holmes Commission Report, 1948; Civil Service Commission was advisory to the Governor in matters of appointments; At independence in 1963 it was enshrined in the constitution and renamed Public Service Commission; Independence Constitution had Regional PSC’s but abolished in 1964 following constitutional amendments; It is the oldest Constitutional Commission and its mandate has expanded over the years. The Commission then constituted of a chairman, a deputy chairman and fifteen members all appointed by the President. The Commission, since then, has handled matters of human resource management in the public service especially the civil service and local authorities. Constitution of Kenya, 2010 promulgated on 27th August 2010 reconstituted the Commission with a redefined and expanded mandate and a lean membership.
For appointment as Chairperson of the Commission on Revenue Allocation, a person should:
- Hold a degree from a university or an equivalent professional qualification recognized in Kenya;
- Have professional experience in financial and economic matters of at least fifteen (15) years of
- Have had a distinguished career in his/her respective field; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
A person shall not be qualified for appointment as Chairperson of the Commission on Revenue Allocation if the person:
- is a member of Parliament or County Assembly;
- is a member of a governing body of a political party;
- is an undischarged bankrupt;
- has been removed from public office for contravening the provisions of the Constitution or any other law; and
- has not met his or her legal obligations relating to tax and other statutory obligations.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- The Chairperson of the Commission on Revenue Allocation shall be appointed for a single term of six years, shall not be eligible for reappointment and shall serve on a part-time basis.
- The salary and allowances payable to the Chairperson of the Commission on Revenue Allocation, being a state officer, shall be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 16 March. 2023
Regards from Starbinet