Norwegian Red Cross Jobs 2020 for Deputy Regional Representative Africa available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Deputy Regional Representative Africa in Norwegian Red Cross.
The Red Cross is a humanitarian organisation whose work is driven by a desire to help others. It is committed to, and bound by, the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and acts as the guardian of the Geneva Conventions. Our work is volunteer-based and organised to ensure that we can reach people in need quickly and efficiently. The Red Cross has local branches throughout Norway, while the Movement has a global reach through its network of volunteers. Given the frequency with which wars break out and the ever-recurring famines, the need may seem overwhelming. Therefore, it is important to know that a lot of people are also working to make things better. Donation Call to Action banner Your donation makes a real difference. Please note: Donationform are in Norwegian. Our efforts make a difference The Red Cross reunites people. Red Cross lorry drivers and ambulance personnel get food and help through to those struck by famine.
The world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers operating in 190 countries. The RCRC Movement’s mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed con fl icts and other emergencies. The international engagement of the Norwegian Red Cross is based on and guided by humanitarian needs and the humanitarian imperative aiming at achieving humanitarian objectives. Internationally we operates exclusively inside the framework of the RCRC Movement and have established regional and country ofices to ensure decentralized decision-making and proximity to partners and projects.
In Africa, Norwegian Red Cross aims to improve the health of vulnerable people and reduce excess morbidity and mortality in contexts affected by conflict and protracted crisis in the Sahel and Horn of Africa.
The Norwegian Red Cross focuses on building capacity of National Societies as well as supporting their programs in health emergencies. We support National Societies health care delivery, especially where the concerned governments are not able to fulfil the needs – always focusing on synergies together with other community- based programs. Another aim is to improve the regional emergency preparedness, early warning and response systems related to epidemic outbreaks, forced displacement and acute drought. A further objective is to strengthen the effectiveness of financial management and the quality of programme design and management of National Society partners.
The purpose of the position is to oversee results-based management of programmes in the region, manage Norwegian Red Cross contribution to Red Cross Movement’s (RCM) regional preparedness and response systems and deputize for the Regional Representative.
- Closely monitors relevant risks in the region and provides updated analysis and recommendations to the Regional Representative and Disaster Risk Management Unit at National Office (HQ) accordingly
- Lead the assessment of Emergency Appeals in the region and provides recommendation to the Regional Representative on support to emergency operations
- Coordinate that Norwegian Red Cross funded initiatives in the region and improve regional disaster preparedness and response operations in, order to achieve desired results
- Ensure that Norwegian Red Cross proactively contributes to timely and complementary RCM preparedness and response to acute disasters in the region
- Engage and motivate the professional development of regional technical delegates and Results Management Officer and follow up on yearly plans
- Oversee and ensure that technical delegates in the region work with other technical personnel globally to contribute to optimal use of technical resources across regions in international activities
- Ensures that all regional and country office staff have access to and can make use of technical resources
- Contribute to human resources planning for technical competencies in the region
Mission Specific Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate (at regional level) the institutional efforts related to Community Based Surveillance (CBS) in close coordination with the national office and established plans
- Leads on establishing an effective institutional system at regional level to ensure timely identification of arising emergencies, and guides Norwegian Red Cross’ engagement in accordance with established criteria
Required Education And Experience
- Higher education at master level within relevant field
- Experience from implementing humanitarian projects at field level
- Advanced knowledge of disaster preparedness and response mechanisms
- Leadership experience from an international organization within the humanitarian field
- Experience and practical knowledge of results-based management
- Track record of emergency response deployments is an asset
- Technical expertise in health, WASH or protection is desirable
- Fluency in English is required. Working proficiency of regional languages is an asset
- International driving license (manual gear) is required
We Seek a Person Who
- Takes initiative and responsibility, is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Collaborates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- Creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports and encourages team; is firm and reliable
- Develops people through delegation, empowerment and coaching; promotes career and self- development
- Provides team with a clear sense of direction, inspires and co-ordinates others and keep them focused on objectives
Guess this advert on Norwegian Red Cross was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.