Northern Rangelands Trust Jobs 2021 for Company Secretary available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Company Secretary in Northern Rangelands Trust.
The Northern Rangelands Trust is a non-profit umbrella organization supporting 33 community conservancies across northern Kenya. Its mission is to develop resilient community conservancies, which transform lives, secure peace and conserve natural resources.
The Company Secretary is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO, Board of Directors, Council of Elders, and Executive Team. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
NRT is looking for an Company Secretary to perform a variety of administrative tasks and support the organization ’s at senior-level.
Company Secretary Responsibilities:
- Preparation and filing of requisite documents on changes in the Company within the stipulated timeline. These changes will include change in directorship, the company’s physical and postal addresses, secretaries, auditors etc.
- Calendar management for CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors and Council of Elders. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes as Board/COE Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board and council matters.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and reports.
- Serve as the point of contact for internal and external matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated. Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team.
- Work with the Executive Team to coordinate the CEO’s activities and also follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Process and distribute daily mail.
- Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
Company Secretary Requirements / Qualifications:
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS-K) and at least a master’s degree from an accredited college
- 10+ Years of experience at senior level
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives. Nonprofit board experience is highly preferred.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Technical proficiency and problem-solving skills related to web-based applications (IT infrastructure; IT support and troubleshooting; and cloud-based environments).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Extensive experience working in a similar field.
- Excellent team player with a proven track record of working with multi stakeholder community.
- Proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Guess this advert on Northern Rangelands Trust was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.