NCBA Group Jobs 2022 for Fraud Analyst available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Fraud Analyst in Millar Cameron.
The new NCBA has harnessed the power of both NIC and CBA to create a bank that brings together the best of both worlds from cutting edge mobile banking to good old-fashioned relationship management; from scalable business banking to financial services that grow as your business does; from best-in-class choice of products to investment solutions tailored to your specific needs.
Job Purpose Statement
The purpose of this role is fraud risk management through continuous prevention and detection plan. Conduct fraud risk assessments, process reviews and transactions exception alerts/reports review, analysis to proactively identify and mitigate fraud risks and creating awareness on fraud trends across
Key Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
Output Financial (10%)
- Effective utilization of fraud detection system, tools and reports to prevent, detect and manage fraud losses by participating in ongoing training to develop and maintain knowledge, skills and capacity.
- Monitor systems activities to generate daily, weekly and/or monthly reports identifying trends and or potential fraud activities.
- Ensure management is appropriately informed of all fraud related activities and any significant concerns and provide appropriate mitigation plans.
- Ensure BAU Operational cost containment
Internal Business processes 55%)
- Carry out daily review of bank systems logs (e.g T24, Netguardian, BI, SIEM systems among others) aimed at detecting fraud indicators and appraising head of unit with findings
- Carry out fraud root cause reviews and follow up on gaps closure and enhancement of internal controls, policies and internal procedures
- 100% daily review of exception reports with a view to identify suspect activity/transactions and submission of summary risk finding reports.
- Business sensitization on fraud risk management at least 80% of Target Business Functions and support SID Group fraud management programs
- Targeted review on high risk portfolios with a view of identifying any likely fraud control deficiencies for enhancement
- Pro-actively scrutinize identified system transactions for likely fraud indicators and/ or pointers to computer-based frauds.
- Proactive Analysis of fraud trends review and circulation to management on monthly basis.
- Intelligence gathering on frauds and provision of monthly updates.
- Thoroughness in carrying out tasks and clarity on root causes and recommendations on closure of risk findings
- Daily escalations of exceptions and preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi -annual & annual key trends reports for management actions and update of the FRM MI trackers with no overdue
- Contributing to creation of fraud rules by providing analytical data to support decisions
Service Management 25%
- Resolve customer issues within the scope of existing service level agreements
- Contact customers and other banks to verify transactions and resolve fraud related account issues, if fraud confirmed escalate to relevant unit for action.
- SLA adherence, responsiveness on issues resolution with minimal customer complaints
- Track unresolved items to provide a record of activities and support identification of fraud trends or persistent issues
- Attend to scheduled engagement meeting with the business
- Recommend changes to the fraud prevention and detection while minimizing negative customer impact
- Actively participate in team meetings for improvements to antifraud operations
- Provide support to the operational and business units on fraud related matters
- Conduct fraud controls implementation of new business processes and solutions
- Attend Kenya Bankers Association Forums and build network with law enforcement, Telecoms and other banks
Learning and Growth 10%
- Undertake research on fraud patterns by tracking confirmed fraudulent transactions to develop rules to prevent and detect fraud
- Undertake other responsibilities as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Coordinate training to develop and maintain knowledge, skills and capability.
- Foster Team spirit and positive work environment
Ideal Job Specifications
- Undergraduate degree – minimum 2nd class honours upper division added advantage for a person with the following disciplines: Finance/Accounting, Economics, Actuarial Science, Criminal Justice or computer science /information technology.
- Proficiency in information technology is a must
- Professional qualifications in Fraud Risk Management, Systems Audit, Data Analytics will be an added advantage
- Appropriate training in the assigned information systems accompanying operating systems and environmental systems such as firewalls
- A creative approach to solving problems, attention to details, well organized and exhibit methodical approach to work
- Excellent communication (oral/wring) and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, remain objective and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable in identifying indicators of fraud through data mining and analysis exercises
Desired Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years of analytics experience in financial industry, teller duties, funds transfer including system interrogative functions, information security controls, electronic payments or risk operations.
- Knowledge of the banking core system applications
- Lead ad hoc project work to implement new systems, work processes, technologies and drive adoption of new initiatives.
- Carry out reviews as may be assigned and submit a report within SLA and follow up on issues closure.
How To Apply
Closing Date : 22 May. 2022
Regards from Starbinet.