Nairobi Hospital Jobs 2023 for Pharmacist
Nairobi Hospital Jobs 2023 for Pharmacist available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodwill. Our dedicated nursing staff provides professional care within a friendly and comfortable environment, ensuring that being in hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for our patients and their families. We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision.
REF: TNH//HRD /PH/03/2023
The overall purpose of this job is to dispense drugs to patients including availing required drugs, accurate dispensing and correct billing in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide an efficient and high quality pharmacy service to patients in liaison with other professional staff within designated areas;
- Check prescriptions for accuracy and suitability and contact the prescribing doctors to resolve any prescribing problems in order to ensure safe, economical and rational use of drugs and other pharmaceutical products;
- Monitor patient response to treatment, drug and disease interactions, assess medications prescribed for specific indication;
- Report adverse drug reactions that patients experience as a result of their medication;
- Undertake continuous clinical checks on all treatment sheets and prescriptions for suitability of treatments, drug interactions, dosing accuracies and ensure that all prescribed doses are given as required;
- Actively participate in the drug stocking process from stock requisition (ordering), reception from stores and prompt shelving, stock taking (daily, random and quarterly stock takes) and stock variance reconciliation;
- Deal with all drug issues requiring attention such as the pricing of drugs, following up patient credits, replacement of damaged or expired stocks.
- Check the expiry dates of pharmacy drugs and ensure that the short expiry drugs are returned back to the store in compliance with the Short Expiry Drug Policy;
- Ensure proper preparation and labeling of extemporaneous preparations for in/outpatients and solutions for the wards;
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of hospital policies on drug use and pharmacy standard operating procedures;
- Participate in the ward pharmacy service as defined in the Hospital policy;
- Participate in chemotherapy dispensing and reconstitution in strict accordance with the cytotoxic handling policy;
- Provide patient counseling and patient information leaflets and to ensure their availability to all in-patients and outpatients whenever required.
- Maintain contact with the Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya, the Ministry of Health and other professional bodies ensuring that the department is kept abreast with all new developments in the pharmaceutical field.
- Coach and carry out on –the job training for new staff and pharmacy technicians; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya and hold a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in pharmacy preferably in a hospital environment.
- Knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacology and pharmaceutics
- Understanding of the human anatomy
- Basic knowledge of nutrition supplementation
- Understanding of pricing and billing procedures
- Stock management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Judgement and decision making skills
- Patient care skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Customer service skills
How to Apply
Submit your CV with testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees and Application letter quoting the job reference number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 27 March. 2023
Regards from Starbinet