Ministry of Health Jobs 2020 for National Laboratory Services (NLS) Liaison Officer available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a National Laboratory Services (NLS) Liaison Officer in Ministry of Health.
Vision A Healthy, productive and globally competitive nation Mission To build a progressive, responsive and sustainable health care system for accelerated attainment of the highest standard of health to all Kenyans Goal Attaining equitable, affordable, accessible and quality health care for all Mandate Health policy Health regulation National referral Health facilities Capacity building and Technical assistance to Counties Core Values Professionalism Ethics Integrity Accountability Partnership and collaboration
No of Positions: 108
Following the outbreak of COVID-19, the government of Kenya, through the Ministry of Health brought together different agencies to coordinate response to and management of this pandemic. Laboratory testing of suspect cases and their contacts is a major component of this coordination. Since the testing the first case, the number of testing laboratories has risen from one (1) to about 30 as per June 29th 2020. In order to ensure that laboratories run efficiently, it is important to is monitor commodity distribution and use in all the testing laboratories and ensure that issues that can interrupt testing and data generation are dealt with in a timely manner. The Ministry of Health is seeking a laboratory expert who will be the key liaison person to fill the gaps in effective management of sample collection, testing and coordinating of sample referral networks with the aim of addressing the long turnaround time in relaying results. The person holding this position will report directly the Head, National Laboratory Services and Logistics manager on COVID-19 response. The officers will be stationed at the department of the National Laboratory Services and will report directly to the Head of the Department.
- Bachelor of Science in a biomedical subject
- Sufficient knowledge on molecular testing
- Sufficient knowledge in molecular reagent supply chain
- Competence in computer packages including MS excel, word and PowerPoint
- Coordinate with all testing labs on sample transport, reception and results dissemination to all the counties and quarantine sites
- Establish and manage a hardcopy and digital sample management system
- Set up an alert mechanism to communicate sample receipt, status of testing and relaying of results including anticipated delays in relaying of results
- Coordinate the function of the Laboratory Information management officers in the various laboratories
- To manage the inventory of laboratory reagents and materials needs, use and requests.
- To liaise with the Logistics manager, National Laboratory services and KEMSA during procurement of laboratory reagents and related supplies
- In liaison with Logistics manager and KEMSA, inspect the waybills for laboratory supplies in order to ensure that shipment consignments are complete as per the order details
- In liaison with the Logistics manager, NLS, KEMSA and KEMRI, ensure that laboratory materials are supplied in the right conditions include the right cold-chain characteristics
- In liaison with the Logistics manager, NLS, KEMSA, monitor commodity security and advise the commodity allocation committee on modalities of allocation and distribution of laboratory reagents
- Serve as the point of contact for all counties who require to be trained on sample collection and reporting for COVID-19 testing
- Coordinate with national technical teams on reporting and data management systems required for accountability purposes
- Support and provide TA to the national technical team on the most effective mechanism to enhance sample referral for COVID-19 testing across all 47 counties in the country
- Any other assignment that might be assigned to him/her by the COVID-19 team
Scope of work
- Testing kits delivered to the laboratory on time
- Laboratory reagents and kits distribution and depletion in all testing laboratories done in a timely manner
- Accurate advice given to the head, The NLS, for early procurement of kits and reagents and other laboratory supplies
- Minutes of meetings attended with other stakeholders including donors who support COVID-19 testing
Terms of employment
6 months contract
The officers shall report to the Head, National Laboratory Services.
Detailed job description can be accessed via the following link:https://www.health.go.ke/vacancies/
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to respective addresses as provided below and cc to
- Medical officers; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nutritionists; email@example.com
- Logistics officers; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physiotherapists; email@example.com
- Laboratory technologist; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing officers; email@example.com
- Psychologists; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 11th September, 2020
Guess this advert on Ministry of Health was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.