Millar Cameron Jobs 2021 for Manager Energy Systems (Nairobi) available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Manager Energy Systems (Nairobi) in Millar Cameron.
MIllar Cameron is a leading recruitment consultancy who provide recruitment talent solutions to the Food Value Chain, Agricultural, Logistics, Real Estate and Finance sectors in developing geographies with a particular emphasis on Africa. Headquartered in Oxford with an office in London, our team of consultants and researchers source personnel for projects and operations. We are presently investigating opening offices in Africa however already work with numerous talent associates within the region. Millar Cameron is regarding as one of the leading recruitment companies focusing on the African market and is the leading recruiter for international farming projects. We assist our numerous clients through the provision of professional,loyal and dynamic professionals. Our disciplined recruitment ensures that the right people are found irrespective of the challenge. Millar Cameron is an active component to addressing key global issues such as Food Security.
The Rockefeller Foundation aims to dramatically accelerate the pace of electrification by leveraging the full potential of decentralized renewable energy. They are investing in climate-smart energy systems to empower and protect the world’s poorest and most vulnerable populations. Through the SPX Initiative, they are championing three types of partnerships to expand access to electricity; Mini-Grid Projects, Progressive Utility Collaborations and Mini-Grid Financing Vehicles. Millar Cameron has been mandated to search for an Energy Systems Manager, who will contribute to the development and execution of a multi-year mission to bring reliable electricity to hundreds of millions of underserved households and businesses across Africa. The role is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Manager will be responsible for building partnerships with utilities, developers, governments and investors to accelerate access to renewable energy in key markets across the continent. The role will require the execution of business analysis, technical oversight, program design, and due diligence across a diverse portfolio of partners and partnerships and the ability to take a leadership role in external stakeholder engagement. The Manager will bring deep electrification sector experience with a specific mastery of distributed energy systems for rural electrification and will play an important role building out the long-term strategy and implementation plan for Power and Climate in Africa.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
Develop and manage a number of critical partnerships with the private and public sectors in order to scale the mini grid sector by:
- Building relationships in the sector, identifying and assessing opportunities and proposing new partnerships with utilities, developers, governments, and investors that will bring energy access to underserved populations
- Structuring and designing a portfolio of these critical partnerships, working closely with other stakeholders to define overall goals and targets, roles, business plans, and definition of Foundation’s role (grant, investment, technical support etc)
- Managing ongoing performance, effective and timely implementation, and ongoing evaluation of these partnerships
Offer overall technical support, input and advisory support across Power and Climate partnerships and projects by:
- Providing input on technical aspects of Power and Climate projects across the portfolio, including techno-economic analysis, system design, and technology choices
- Monitoring and surfacing new developments including key technical trends related to off grid and mini grid technologies to support the implementation of the Power and Climate initiative’s strategy
- Supervising teams of consultants as/when needed to provide technical oversight
- Contribute to the development and growth of by:
Inputting into overall strategic decision making with regards to the Power & Climate initiative’s approach, organizational development and curation of a pipeline of critical partnerships
- Representing the Foundation in key forums and conversations, developing productive relationships with partners, including local and national governments, agencies, partner organizations, other project implementers and donors.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with solar and hybrid mini grids, including analysis of business models, site selection, demand analysis, system design, regulations, and EIA requirements. Experience working with international donors, government programs, and utilities is an asset. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate a willingness to work on a range of energy issues core to achieving our charitable goals such as the agriculture energy nexus, energy efficiency, and integrated energy planning.
Technical qualifications and requirements:
- Graduate degree in engineering, energy, or other related field;
- A minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience leading, designing, and/or implementing projects on mini-grid development, off-grid energy, and renewable energy technical feasibility studies;
- Experience working in Africa with off grid/mini grid actors, energy utilities, energy ministries, local governments, civil society organizations, and other stakeholders in Africa;
- Thorough technical understanding of mini grids in the global and African context including current knowledge of battery storage solutions and the ability to handle energy system analysis tools such as Homer, PV Syst, ETAP, etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of French is an advantage
- Demonstrated interest in working to improve the lives of others, passion for policy and economic development;
- Willingness to travel, including in rural areas up to 40%.
- Strategic Thinking and Problem-solving: Able to distill key insights from a large amount of information and frame distinct choices; Think creatively and bring new ideas to the table; Ability to evaluate risks and opportunities; Robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Execution: Ability to work independently, take initiative, and drive for results; Strong project management skills; manages their own time well and provides the necessary guidance and direction to others; Operates with urgency and takes responsibility for their work; Is able to multi-task and works well under pressure; Employs attention to detail with their work and has high standards for accomplishing their work.
- Influence and Communication: Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to frame complex topics for executive discussion and act as a credible representative of the Foundation’s work and values both internally and externally.
- Partnership and Relationship Building: Has strong professional presence and can act as a key representative of the Foundation and the Power and Climate team; Has intercultural knowledge and appreciation; Possesses strong strategic partnership building skills. Ability to evolve in a ‘start-up’ environment and support other team members as and when required.
- Decision-Making: Ability to evaluate risks and opportunities; uses analytical and problem-solving skills to frame and evaluate decisions; Flexible, energetic, self-starter with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to troubleshoot known and unknown challenges.
The Manager will report to the Executive Director. This position does not currently have any supervisory responsibilities but will manage consultants.
The Rockefeller Foundation intends at present to form, establish and launch a global initiative for ending energy poverty (“SPX”). This position will begin at the Foundation and may be transferred or assigned to SPX. Such transfer or assignment, if at all, would in all aspects be subject to the Foundation’s sole discretion.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and key person talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.