Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Jobs 2021 for Regional Technical Referent Energy – East Africa available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Regional Technical Referent Energy – East Africa in Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).
Médecins sans frontières (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases. It was founded in France in response to the Biafran War. The organization is known in most of the world by its localized name or simply as MSF; in Canada and the United States the name Doctors Without Borders is commonly used. In 2015 over 30,000, mostly local, doctors, nurses and other medical professionals, logistical experts, water and sanitation engineers and administrators provided medical aid in over 70 countries. These doctors and nurses decided to volunteer their time to solve issues of world health. Private donors provide about 90% of the organization’s funding, while corporate donations provide the rest, giving MSF an annual budget of approximately US$750 million.
Contract type: Fixed-term contract
Contract duration: 12 months
He/she will be the first technical support for the coordination and field technicians, and he/she will be the first responder to questions coming from the coordination and the field.
The RTR will monitor the implementation of MSF logistic policies, guide lines and procedures at field-level in his/her technical field.
In collaboration with Headquarter Technical Referent, Log Cell and Logistic Coordinators of the countries area, the RTR:
- Conducts scheduled visits in the countries within her/his geographic area, according to the terms of reference established by the Logistics Coordinator of the requesting country;
- Is the central point for technical support requests, and answers questions coming from the Logistics Coordinators in her/his geographic area, if necessary with help from her/his Headquarter Technical Referent(POS);
- Participates in planning visit schedules according to field needs and develops the TOR together with the Logistic Coordinator. Final validation of the schedules and/or modifications to them are the responsibility of the Cell Log, working with the Headquarter Technical Referent;
- Is available to participate in emergency operations in her/his geographic area;
- Along with the Headquarter Technical Referent, helps define the policies related to her/his speciality area by providing feedback;
- Participates in R&D on equipment and/or practices in her/his speciality by taking part in testing campaigns and offering feedback on the projects in her/his geographic area.
- Analyses the components of her/his activity for all of the missions in her/his geographic area at least once a year;
- Drafts visit reports for each visit and an annual activity report.
Under the direct responsibility of the Cell logistic Manager, the RTR:
- Responds to one-off missions at the request of the Logistics Coordinators for the countries in her/his geographic region;
- Helps recruit national technicians;
- Contributes to continuing education for the teams;
- Evaluates the technical level of the (national and international) specialists, helps define career paths and offers ad hoc training;
- Validates the service providers and product-supplier pairs;
- Advises and supports the logistics coordinators in decision-making related to his/her technical specialty.
- Planning is drawn up by the POS then managed by the Cell logistic Manager.
- Planning decisions are made by:
- the logistic coordinators of concerned countries
- Cell logistic manager of concerned countries if necessary,
- RLO when several cells are involved if necessary
- Administrative and health issues are handled by the host coordination team.
- Travel organization is coordinated by administrative teams of the countries and validated by the Logistic Coordinator.
- Over-arching line management is provided by the Cell logistic Manager, short-term line management is provided by the logistics coordinator of any country visited during the period of the visit.
- The functional aspects of the post are supervised by the Headquarter Technical Referent (POS).
- The annual review is carried out by the hierarchical and functional tandem (the Cell logistic Manager and Headquarter Technical Referent).
- The post is situated at level N12 of the function scale.
- Field experience (at least 12 month) in logistics and significant relevant experience within the technical domain.
- Experience with MSF is highly appreciable or another INGO.
- Experience in Energy field (electricity and/or renewable energy)
- Experience in the HVAC field would be a plus.
Languages: Fluent in French and English.
- Good technical knowledge in his/her specialty
- Good management skills and project follow up.
- Flexible and well-organized
- Works well with others, rigorous, analytical and good at synthesizing information
- Good interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to train technicians at field-level
Status: Fixed-term contract – 12 months. Based in Nairobi with frequent trips to missions and headquarters
Salary according to the MSF grid and experience, from 2257 euros gross monthly + seniority transfer if equivalent position within an NGO
Covered by MSF: transport, accommodation, food and others + daily per diem for daily expenses. Insurance. Complete medical care: mutual / vaccines / field / evacuation / return.
Expected starting date: ASAP
Guess this advert on Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.