Medecins Sans Frontieres Jobs 2023 for Nurse Counsellor Service
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Jobs 2023 for Nurse Counsellor Service available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
Objective of the Position:
Provide Medical Treatment, Nursing Care and Counselling Services to patients and SGBV survivors within the scope of his/her medical competencies and referring patients with conditions falling beyond his/her competencies, in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided. This will be done in accordance to the context, MSF Medical protocols, procedures and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of patient centeredness care for the targeted population.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Know, promote, implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensure high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
- Organize and carry out care, treatment and outpatient medical procedures according to medical protocols and guidelines.
- Respect and ensure medical confidentiality and professionalism.
- Participate in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Participate on the designing and implementation of the monthly activity plan within and outside of the Youth Center.
- Participate in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (carrying out inventories, carrying out stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover, ensuring no material is taken out of consultation rooms without prior authorisation, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
- Carry-out administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, consumptions, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases that may arise. fill in all necessary registers and health files, participate in data collection and keep doctors/supervisors informed. Also responsible for complete patient documentation and communication ensure all the required data tools are filled out.
- Ensure triage of patients in waiting areas and during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the Doctor/ Clinical officer.
- Identify Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and attend to their medical needs so they can receive the necessary treatment.
- Knows and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- To provide medical care to the Adolescent and youth clients as per the MoH guidelines while ensuring appropriate and timely referrals.
- Provision of counselling in line with the guidelines on provision of AYFS, HTS (HIV testing services) and also provide follow up sessions
- To participate in any other program activities as will be required and provide input to the department.
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Nursing with training in Counseling.
Knowledge & Experience
- Essential: Minimum 2 years’ demonstrable similar working experience.
- Previous experience in a Youth Friendly service is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Results and details oriented, service, team player, committed
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application letter as a single fileto email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 22 February. 2023
Regards from Starbinet