KUCCPS Application Guidelines 2020 | See Full Guide on How to apply for KUCCPS 2020 Intake Now. Use the steps on this page and make sure You follow them Judiciously and do not forget to apply before the closing date.
The Management of Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) begins the Intake of new candidates for 2020/2021 Academic Session.
KUCCPS 2020 Intake Application Guidelines
- To apply, login to the Student’s Portal – http://students.kuccps.net/ – using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password. Please note that your password should not be shared with any other person. (In case the birth certificate number was not provided during registration the student should use their KCPE index number as the password)
- All programmes have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity. Click on the particular programme You wish to pursue. Read How to Apply for KUCCPS Courses in less than Five Minutes
- You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
You are advised to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
How to Pay
1. Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
2. Select Pay Bill
3. Enter Business Number 820201
4. For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
5. Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
Click Here to Log into Your KUCCPS Account and Find Out the Course, University or College that You Have Been Admitted to!
KUCCPS Inter-Institution Transfer Application for the 2019/2020 Placement Cycle
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service has opened the online application system for inter-institutional transfer (IIT) applications.
The application is open for KCSE candidates who have been successfully placed in various universities and TVET institutions but wish to transfer to other institutions.
The portal for inter-institution application will close soon.
- All applications for inter-institution transfers MUST be submitted online through the Student’s Portal (students.kuccps.net). The entire process is automated and printing the filled application form will no longer be necessary.
- Detailed guidelines for the IIT application are available on the portal.
- The IIT processing fee should be paid only after the applicant has successfully completed the necessary steps in the application process following the instructions provided in the portal. Do not make any prior payment.
- Applicants are cautioned against sending money to any individual purporting to be in a position to assist them. The Placement Service does not require applicants to send money to any mobile phone numbers.
- Transfer processing fee shall be paid to the KUCCPS MPESA Pay Bill No.820201.
- Please read and follow all instructions provided. For further assistance, contact the Placement Service through the numbers 020 5137400, 0723 954 927 and 0734 879 662. You may also email us to email@example.com or visit our Facebook page The.Placement.Service and Twitter Handle @KUCCPS_Official.
Education Cabinet Secretary Prof. George Magoha has today released the placement report for the 2019/2020 cycle.
During the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) stakeholder forum held at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa in Nairobi, Prof. Magoha also launched a new career guidance book authored by KUCCPS.
The placement report contains details of how the 2020 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination candidates and those from previous years have been placed to different universities and colleges.
There will be continuous placement of students to TVET institutions throughout the year.
The Placement Service has started sending out text messages to the placed students informing them of their courses and institutions, free of charge.
In addition, the students are advised to log in to their portals to view their placement status.
The KUCCPS career book – The Essential Career Guide: Making an Informed Choice – is a guide for students, teachers, parents and guardians on career opportunities, pathways to career progression, subject requirements for specific career fields and subject selection, among other career tips.
Second Revision of Choices for the 2019/2020 Placement to Universities and Colleges
Following the School Application and the First Revision of Degree, Diploma, Certificate and Artisan choices for the 2019/2020 placement process, the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has finished the first round of processing the applications.
The Placement Service therefore wishes to invite the unsuccessful candidates for the Second Revision of choices, which will be done online during March.
The candidates will choose from programmes that have not filled their capacities after the First Revision, which have also been published on the Student’s Portal.
Candidates whose index numbers do not appear on the list of unplaced students on the website have already provisionally secured one of their choices and will be informed after the conclusion of the placement process.
Previous years’ candidates who have not had a chance to access training and are interested in applying for Diploma, Certificate and Artisan Courses may do so during this Second Revision.
Support in Huduma Centres
Candidates who may need application support are advised to visit the KUCCPS desk in any of the following Huduma Centres: Nairobi (Makadara and GPO), Eldoret, Meru, Nyeri, Kisumu, Kakamega, Nakuru, Kitui, Garissa and Mombasa.
For more information, visit the Placement Service website www.kuccps.ac.ke or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our customer care lines are 0723954927, 0734879662 and 0205137400.
For further assistance, an applicant may visit the KUCCPS offices at 1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden, Community, during the application period.
Enquires may also be made by sending an email through email@example.com or Call either 0723-954-927 or 0734-879- 662 between 8 am and 5 pm during the application period.
- There will be NO MANUAL REVISION using physical application forms. KUCCPS application must be done online following the procedure given above.
- All payments for application MUST be made through MPESA as explained in step 4 of the procedure. Any other mode of payment will NOT BE ACCEPTED.