KNEC Results 2020: KCSE results 2020 / 2021 is out… KCPE results 2020 is available too. Also be able to Review How to Check the KCSE results 2020.
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) wishes to bring the following information to the attention of all institutions including TVETs presenting candidates for the KNEC examinations. This information also applies to Candidates who are expecting their KCSE results for 2020.
KNEC Examination Results and Slips and Printouts
Every institution that enters candidates for the KNEC examinations 2020 receives a hard copy of the institution’s examination results printout and result slips which captures the following information:
- Institution’s Code and Name:
This appears on the top left side of the printout. The Council identifies an examination centre is through the institution’s code which is a unique number. The institution should always quote this number when communicating with KNEC.
- Candidates Details:
The institution’s name and code are details of the candidates below. These details include the index number of the candidate, year of examination, gender, individual subject grades and the mean grade.
Features of the KNEC Examination
The important features of the examination results are as indicated below:-
- X: denotes an absent candidate. A candidate is absent if He/She did not sit for one or all papers in the KNEC examination 2020. However, for the KCPE examination results 2020, the symbol AB indicates an absence;
- Y: denotes that the candidate was involved in an examination irregularity. For the KCPE examination results 2020, the symbol 00 indicates an irregularity;
- P: denotes that the candidate’s examination results have been pended due to infringement on the entry requirements for the examination e.g. incorrect KCPE details for entry in KCSE examination;
- W: denote the withholding of candidate’s examination results for suspicion that the candidate has been involved in an examination malpractice, and investigations are still ongoing;
- U: denotes ungrading examination results 2020 due to infringement of the awards criteria.
Details of the Mean Grade Award
- If your Mean grade is X, it means You were absent in all subjects
- Your Mean grade says Y, If The body cancels one or more of your subjects
- If your Mean grade is U, It means that You do not meet the KCSE entry requirements 2020
- If your Mean grade is CRNM, it means You do not meet the course requirements for the Teacher education, Business and Technical examinations for 2020
- Your Mean grade will be P, if results are set to pending
- If your Mean grade is W, It means your examination results are witheld;
The Sub County Director of Education communicates to the institution the details of pending, withhold and irregularities at the time of release of the examination results. The Institutions collects It with the results at once.
Release Of KNEC Certificates 2020
Once KNEC certificates for a specific examination are ready for collection/dispatch, they will inform institutions through the mass and print media, Sub County Directors of Education and/or the heads of institutions.
- The Heads of Schools/Institutions issues all certificates for regular candidates
- The Sub County Directors of Education issues to private candidates.
- The Kenya National Examinations Council reserves the right to withdraw a certificate for amendment or any other reason When necessary.
KCSE Results 2020 – KCPE results 2020 and KNEC 2020 results
Upon the release of KCPE Results 2020 and KCSE examinations Results 2020, All candidates can check their results through SMS number provided during the official release of results. The KCPE candidates should endeavor to access their result slips through the KNEC website immediately after release of the KCSE and KCPE examination 2020 for their respective schools.
How to check KCSE results online by message
Accessing KCSE results using a text message is rather cheap and only takes a couple of minutes.
- Type your Index number in the text message.
- Send it to 22252.
- Wait some few minutes for a reply.