Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Jobs 2021 for Supervisor – Front End Developer available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Supervisor – Front End Developer in Millar Cameron.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The job holder is responsible for;
- Supervision of systems development teams
- Development of new systems to automate business processes and maintenance of existing
- Providing continual improvements to existing systems and supporting systems by ensuring that solutions designed to address business needs meet the required quality standards.
- Development or enhancements of new systems as per the Requests for Change(RFC’s) and in line with procedures and standards
- Key Responsibilities Develops new systems to automate business processes in conformity with design artefacts contained in System Change Requests (SCRs)
- Resolves and supervises Change Requests for development to ensure that solutions are delivered within set timelines
- Conducts peer reviews and unit tests of developed solutions to guarantee quality before final submission to Quality Management
- Addresses issues that arise during deployment of the newly developed solutions in the QA test environment.
- Resolves issues arising from QA tests, for solutions that do not pass QA standards and Information System Security policies.
- Prepares documentation (User manuals, Technical manuals, deployment instructions, roll back instructions, etc) to ensure that they meet set quality standards
- Ensures that solutions that have been developed are properly packaged and that all the components and requisite documentation are included in the package, for submission to Quality Management.
- Ensures that the approved coding standards are consistently applied in every solution developed.
- Participates in system demonstration, and ensures issues arising in demos are addressed.
- Diagnoses complex application issues and provides guidance and support to subordinates.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in any other field with a Postgraduate qualification in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering or any other IT related field.
- Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- Systems Development i.e. Java Programming, Web Design and Development, Oracle Developer etc.
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
- Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix.
Technical Skills Required:
The Job holder must:
- Proven skills in Oracle development and database management tools
- Proficiency in Java programming language and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of structured programming and database design concepts
- Expert knowledge of web based technologies (HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internet and messaging protocols i.e. HTTP, FTP, SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge of web development tools (Dreamweaver, Microsoft.NET, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows operating system platforms
- Working experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge of system design and modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of systems design and modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, TraceCloud, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of the following tools: process modelling (MS Visio, etc.), Project Management i.e. MS Project and Presentation i.e. MS PowerPoint
Relevant Work Experience
- Required Proven experience in design, development and implementation of enterprise business systems. Experience in design and development of systems for tax administration will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in integration of business systems in a similar large organization.
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a software developer in a busy organization.
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have strong abilities to conduct research affecting business and propose suitable solutions/products.
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours within constraints.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Have Change management skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.