Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Jobs 2021 for Manager – ICT Service Desk available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Manager – ICT Service Desk in Millar Cameron.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
- The jobholder is responsible for coordinating activities in staff service centre and ensuring service request fulfilment.
- Responsible for day-to-day running of the service desk and overall incident management process.
- Ensure resolution of tickets within the prescribed Internal Standards
- Provide prompt feedback to users on resolution of issues and manage relationships.
- Coordinates with other ICT Sections on resolutions of issues.
- Review the unit’s KPIs, procedures and processes to guarantee their relevance as well as ensure continual improvement.
- Define incident and service request classification, prioritization schemes and criteria for problem registration to ensure consistent approaches for handling, informing users about and conducting trend analysis.
- Carry out evaluation of the performance of the user contact management process aimed at identifying improvement areas and uses the information as input to continual improvement planning.
- Establish trends and identify patterns of recurring issues, SLA breaches or inefficiencies
- Generate unit’s monthly reports that show trends incidents, compliance to SLAs and achievement of KPIs.
- Coordinate Corporate initiatives within the unit such as Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management
- Responsible for performance of the unit and its members. Set KPIs and/or internal standards and ensures customer expectations are met
- Oversee all IT related requests are efficiently handled and monitored until resolved to satisfaction of the users.
- Monitor to ensure proper functioning of all the working tools at the service desk.
- Develop, mentor, coach and promote talent growth among staff in order to support business through excellent customer service
- Ensure good working relation and coordination of service desk staff with other Sectional/Divisional staff.
- Develop annual work plan with performance targets assigned weights.
- Work closely with the supervisors to ensure achievement of performance targets at the service desk and the incident management processes.
- Gather information on system disruptions and resumptions through Hotspot report from & to Business contacts and heads of the divisions/CSS team one.
- Ensure countrywide sensitization of users on available ICT tools every financial year.
- Ensure compliance to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other IT related field.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage
The post holder should have at least one of the following preferred certifications
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration
- Project Management e.g. Prince2, PMP
Relevant Work Experience/ Technical Skills Required
- The post holder should have at least 5 years’ progressive experience in a busy IT environment, with at least 2 years managing an ICT team in a large or busy organization
- Competence in Windows Active Directory Management Tools plus creation and deployment of Group Policy Objects
- Conversant with process automation and experience working with automation tools such as MS SharePoint, System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM) or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), IBM Service Management Tool (ITSM)
The job holder must:
- Possess strong leadership and managerial skills
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of making decisions in complex situations
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exhibit exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Possess good negotiation skills
- Have good business knowledge
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.