Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Jobs 2021 for Assistant Manager – Business Analyst available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Assistant Manager – Business Analyst in Millar Cameron.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The job holder is responsible for;
- Providing effective and adequate technical support to operational systems by addressing system problems and user requests.
- Providing continual improvements to existing business systems and supporting systems by ensuring that solutions designed to address business needs meet the required quality standards.
- Maintaining operational readiness of business systems through supervision and coordination of technical systems support teams
- Reviews the Software Change Requests (SCRs) for systems changes/enhancements to ensure that they have adequately addressed the requested changes and identifies areas of improvement before approving for implementation.
- Monitors and maintains operational readiness of business systems by enforcing standards set to address identified system issues.
- Identifies areas of potential systems and process improvements, assesses them for both technical and business suitability and advises stakeholders appropriately.
- Reviews systems technical requirements specifications to ensure that they are well articulated and properly documented before seeking automation approvals of business processes
- Vets systems technical requirements specifications and System Use Cases (SUCs) for completeness, relevance, viability and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Recommends risk-mitigating measures and ensures that they are addressed as part of systems maintenance initiatives.
- Vets escalated incidents and problems affecting business systems to ascertain validity and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Monitors allocated tasks to ensure that escalated problems are resolved within set timelines and standards and leads in resolving complex issues
- Supervises the System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Evaluates systems performance parameters, identifies areas of improvement, Implements system improvements and advises stakeholders
- Implements the Service Level agreements for IT services of the unit.
- Monitors performance of business systems architecture components, evaluates their effectiveness and advises the manager on areas requiring review/improvement
- Develops the unit’s Annual Work Plan and draft budget and coordinates their implementation;
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports for the unit;
- Ensures that the unit meetings are held as stipulated in management guidelines;
- Develops, mentors and coaches staff in the unit;
- Conducts performance management in the unit;
- Coordinates implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Ensure compliance to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field OR
- Bachelor’s degree in any other field with a Postgraduate qualification in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering or any other IT related field.
- Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
- Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix.
- Proven skills in database management tools
- Proficiency in Java programming language and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of structured programming and database design concepts
- Expert knowledge of web based technologies (HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internet and messaging protocols i.e. HTTP, FTP, SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge of web development tools (Dreamweaver, Microsoft.NET, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows operating system platforms
- Working experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge of system design and modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of systems design and modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, TraceCloud, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of the following tools: process modelling (MS Visio, etc.), Project Management i.e. MS Project and Presentation i.e. MS PowerPoint
Relevant Work Experience
- Required Proven experience in implementation, Integration and providing support to large enterprise business systems in a similar organization.
- Proven experience in integration of business systems in a similar large organization.
- At least four (4) years’ post qualification experience which includes one (1) years’ experience in a senior management position in a large organization
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have strong abilities to conduct research-affecting business and propose suitable solutions/products.
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours within constraints.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Have Change management skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.