Kenya Medical Research – KEMRI Jobs 2021 for Project Coordinator: KMR 5available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Project Coordinator: KMR 5in Millar Cameron.
Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
Reports to: Site Coordinator
- Coordination of PrEP implementation activities.
- Community engagement and coordination of PrEP implementation in reproductive public health facilitiesTeam lead for the Technical Assistants, Data abstractors and Project Interns
- Close collaboration with the County Health Management Teams (CHMT)
- Establish beneficial partnerships and work with other implementing partners and stakeholders on PrEP implementation.
- Planning and conducting relevant project debriefs and meetings
- Monitoring implementation of PrEP in all tiers of GOK, FBO and Private facilities
- Participation in the national and regional PrEP TWGs Implementation of study protocols
- Participate in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and ensuring they are followed as per protocol
- Preparing project updates
- Drawing project budgets and coordination of other logistics
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Education and Professional training
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Systems Management or any other health related field
- PrEP training competency
- Competent in project management
- Self confidence
- Stake holder management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- At least five years’ experience managing projects
- Previous experience working with the Ministry of Health, training health providers on PrEP
- Prior GCP and human subjects training is desirable
- Research experience is an added benefit
Terms of employment
- Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
- Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.