Kenya Institute of Mass Communication Jobs 2021 for Corporation Secretary available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Corporation Secretary in Kenya Institute of Mass Communication.
The Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) was established in 1961 and was named as the then Voice of Kenya Training School. Its main purpose was to train electronic engineering and technicians for the then, Kenya Broadcasting Service (KBS), that was later rebranded in 1962 as the Kenya Broadcasting Corporation (KBC). KBC was then nationalized in 1964, and changed its brand to Voice of Kenya (VOK). Nationalization occasioned the departure of expatriates who worked at the broadcaster, creating an urgent need for qualified manpower to fill the vacant positions. In 1965, the new Voice of Kenya acquired a grant to start what became to be known as the Voice of Kenya Training School.
KIMC Grade 3
Ref No. KIMC/HR/01/2021
The Institute seeks to recruit a Corporation Secretary reporting to the Director / C.E.O., the Corporation Secretary shall be responsible for legal matters pertaining to the Institute, including issues of property management, insurance, criminal proceedings, rendering legal advice to the Council and the Director on any legal actions to be initiated and/ or defending the interests of the institute.
Advising managers on day to day legal problems connected with KIMC regulations
The Detailed Responsibilities of the Corporation Secretary shall include but not limited to:-
- Provide guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of governance.
- Assist the Board in carrying out the following:
- Board induction
- Updating the Board and Committee Charters
- Preparation of Board Work Plans
- Board Evaluation
- Governance audit
- Implementation of Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Ensuring the timely preparation and circulation of Board and Committee papers.
- Responsible for legal matters pertaining to the Institute, including issues of Property Management, Insurance, Criminal and Civil proceedings.
- Rendering professional legal advice to the Director for any Legal action to be initiated and/or defending the interests of the Institute.
- Advising Management on day-to-day legal matters connected with the Institute’s operations.
- Ensure timely circulation of Council Minutes.
- Be the custodian of the seal of the organization and other Legal Instruments and account to the Board for their use.
- Updating the Board and Committee Charters.
- Ensure that the Board Members are aware of all relevant laws relating to the Institute.
- Advising the Council on Corporate and Legal Affairs and matters of Corporate Governance.
- Perform any other relevant responsibilities assigned by the Director/C.E.O.
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of a Senior Legal officer in Public Service or in a comparable position in the Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Law degree from a recognized University;
- Master’s degree in law or Social Sciences;
- Experience with at least 4 Years at Senior Management;
- An advocate of the High court with valid practicing certificate;
- A member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries;
- Computer literacy of standard office computer applications;
- Demonstrated integrity, managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance;
- Ability to work under pressure;
In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Terms of Service: The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for this position will range from Kshs.114, to 167,463 per month exclusive of allowances.
Guess this advert on Kenya Institute of Mass Communication was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.