Kenya Forest Service (KFS) Jobs 2021 for Forest Conservation Committee available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Forest Conservation Committee in Kenya Forest Service (KFS).
Kenya Forest Service is a corporate body established under the Forest Conservation and Management Act no 34 of 2016 (henceforth referred to as the Act). The Act which was operationalized on 31st March 2017, gave the Service’s mandate as “to provide for the development and sustainable management, including conservation and rational utilization of all forest resources for the socioeconomic development of the country and for connected purposes”.
In accordance with Section 48 of the Forests Act, the Service created ten (10) Forest Conservancy Areas to oversee the proper and efficient management of forests, each with a ten (10) member
Forest Conservation Committee (FCC) headed by chairperson who is appointed by the Board of Directors. The Service requests applicants to forward their applications for the position of Forest
Conservation Committee Chairperson in Eastern Conservancy.
- Assist the KFS Board of Management with the delivery of efficient and effective field operations of the regional level as well as to perform specific duties related to the implementation of the Forest legislation.
- The FCC Chairperson shall provide leadership of the Forest Conservancy to ensure quality performance and effective execution of the mandate and functions.
- He/she will work closely with representative from other government agencies (provincial administrative, agricultural and environment) representatives of the forest industry and community Forestry Association to ensure the sustainable management of the forest and allied resources.
- Guide strategy and help define key issues for the FCC Chair FCC meetings and ensure preparation of papers, reports and decision making.
- Bring goodwill and enthusiasm to the FCC
- Maintain independence and objectivity in deliberating all FCC matters
- Encourage high standards of propriety, ensuring that FCC members comply with a Code of Conduct.
- Provide an assessment of performance of individual FCC members.
- Ensure succession plans are in place for the FCC
- Ensure government policies, legislation and sustainable forest management practices are adhered to.
Academic qualifications, experience and other requirements, experience and other requirements;
- At least ten (10) years knowledge and experience in forestry management, five must have been senior management position with a large organization.
- Have at least an undergraduate degree in Forestry, Social Science or a related field from a recognized University.
- Be able to think strategically, communicate effectively and provide leadership,
- Have knowledge and understanding of public sector operational procedures
- Resides in the respective Forest Conservancy Area when He/She wishes to Serve
- Be a person of high integrity who meets requirements of the Constitution of Kenya
In order to protect the Service and the FCC from potential ignominy, candidates must declare in their applications any conflict of interest in regard to their candidature for the respective FCC
Guess this advert on Kenya Forest Service (KFS) was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.