Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation Jobs 2021 for Assistant Manager, Resolution available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Assistant Manager, Resolution in Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation.
KDIC is a statutory institution established under the Kenya Deposit Insurance Act, 2012 (KDI Act, 2012). The Corporation is mandated to provide a deposit insurance scheme for customers of member institutions, to provide incentives for sound risk management and generally promote the stability of the financial system and prompt resolution.
KDIC Grade: KDIC 5
You will provide operational support in day-to-day management of Banks / financial institutions in liquidation through consistent loan recoveries, realisation of assets held and processing payments to depositors and creditors in a timely and efficient manner; supporting orderly winding up of non-viable Banks / financial institutions to enhance depositors’ confidence in the financial sector.
Key Responsibilities Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Implementing developed policies and procedures that guides day to day operations of the institutions in Liquidation
- Enforcing Compliance of the developed policies, procedures and other operational guidelines for efficient and effective liquidation and winding up of troubled financial institutions
- Supervising Preparation of periodic reports including statement of affairs to apprise all stakeholders on the progress made in resolving the banks/ financial institutions in liquidation for eventual winding up
- Supervising Preparation of the check list to be used in winding up a non-viable banks/ financial institution in liquidation
- Supervising the preparation of the various periodic performance status reports for the assigned banks/ financial institutions in liquidation to ensure compliance with executed service level agreements. The reports include among others
- Court cases progress reports Statutory notices for defaulting debtors’ status reports Properties scheduled for auction status report Negotiated payments progress report. Undertaking performance appraisal of the direct reports
- Providing coaching and mentorship for direct and indirect reports
- Generating the information required to aid in tracing, preserving and realizing of the assets of the assigned financial institutions in liquidation
- Reviewing investments applications for surplus funds held by Banks/ Financial institutions in liquidation to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Checking completeness and accuracy of periodic reports including the statement of affairs to assist evaluating continued viability of banks/ financial institutions in liquidation
- Preparing monthly loan collection reports for the banks/ financial institutions in liquidation
- Acting as the liaison person between the institution in liquidation and auctioneers, valuers, advocates investigators and other service providers to facilitate loan recoveries
- Reviewing debtors/ borrowers loan files prepared by the direct reports and making recommendations to the manager resolution to maximize on loan collections
- Updating of the Credit Reference Bureaus reports
- Custodian of securities safe keys and facilitating retrieval and release of securities
- Daily review of all transactions undertaken by banks/ financial institution in liquidation for accuracy and completeness
- Custodian of all payment records for institutions/ banks in liquidation
- Undertaking reconciliation of all internal accounts and securities held
- Reviewing Payments for services offered by different service providers in compliance with existing policies and procedures
- Supervising preparation and filing of statutory returns for the assigned banks/ financial institutions in liquidation
- Undertaking regular reviews of updated data relating to depositors, debtors and creditors of the Institution in Liquidation to ensure accuracy
- Custodian petty cash and facilitating reimbursement
- Supervising collating of the information required by the board to facilitate approval to wind up of identified non-viable institutions
- Compiling the information required by the service providers (Auditors & advocates) to commence the winding process and ensure the records are readily available.
Job Competencies Academic qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Administration from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Certification in management – an added advantage
- Six (6) years’ relevant work experience preferably in Banking, Financial Management Credit Administration, Conveyancing, Litigation, Asset Management & Tracing or Insolvency.
- Supervisory skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in computer application skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Decision making skills
- Report writing skills
- Budgeting skills
Guess this advert on Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.