Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops Jobs 2020 for Resource Mobilization Officer available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Resource Mobilization Officer in Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops.
The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops, a permanent institution, is the assembly of the Catholic Bishops in Kenya united and exercising together their Pastoral offices over Christ’s faithful, as shepherds of the Catholic Church in Kenya which they together promote by forms and means of Apostolate suitable to the circumstances of place and time, in accordance with the Law, to promote the greater good which the Church offers to all Mankind (c. 447, CIC). The Authority of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops is vested in the Ordinary and Extraordinary Plenary Assembly. Currently there 26 Catholic Jurisdictions spread over 4 Metropolitan Provinces,that is, 4 Archdioceses, 20 Dioceses, 1 Apostolic Vicariate and 1 Military Ordinariate.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
This position, is responsible for writing and submitting proposals, grant applications, and program reports to potential partners and identifies prospective corporate and foundation donors.
This role will require someone who is a self-starter and a team player, who is willing to write and submit proposals as well as research and identify both local and international organizations and KCCB prospects.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies that includes yearly targets to meet the financial needs of KCCB.
- Identifying and seizing fundraising opportunities; diversification of funding streams for KCCB and establishing value-adding contacts and relationships for the benefit of the organization.
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners and finding a match with partners whose funding criteria match the organization’s vision and activities;
- Developing, managing and updating corporate contacts and maximizing the relationships for the benefit of KCCB;
- The officer will also be expected to understand key focus areas and interests of various potential partners; understand project monitoring and evaluation systems that ensures impact and effectiveness of the organization’s programmatic work;
- Work closely with Commissions/offices in regard to conceptualization, planning, writing, reviewing, communication and submission of the relevant documents for targeted resource mobilization initiatives. To be done in compliance with KCCB and funder/donor guidelines.
- Developing annual work plans based on the approved strategy together with revenue and expenditure budgets for each fundraising initiatives;
- Developing and coordinating web-based fundraising and any other resource mobilization strategies;
- Being current and up to date with available fundraising initiatives and legal issues affecting corporate fundraising;
- Ensuring all partners receive appropriate and timely reports and updates;
- Sensitizing and training other staff members on fund raising skills and strategy in order to build an effective fundraising team.
- Develop and/or update KCCB – GS awards Manual in compliance with KCCB policies.
- Compliment resource mobilization strategies of KCCB Commissions.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies; Social Sciences or related field from a recognized University. Possession of additional programme & resource mobilization trainings will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in programming and fundraising for related organizations, Civil Society Organizations / NGOs.
- Proven proposal writing skills and evidence of successful resource mobilization initiatives undertaken
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships and networks that are of value to organization fundraising initiatives
- Demonstrable coordination skills and understanding of non-governmental project management cycle
- Proven ability to work and deliver within strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven self-drive and ability to play a leadership role within an organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle the pressure.
- High ethical standards.
- Competence in common IT applications.
- Knowledge of the Social teaching of the Catholic Church
Applications should be addressed to:
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O. Box 13475 – 00800
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing Date : 27th December, 2020
Guess this advert on Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.