Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops Jobs 2020 for Head of Human Resources available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Head of Human Resources in Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops.
The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops, a permanent institution, is the assembly of the Catholic Bishops in Kenya united and exercising together their Pastoral offices over Christ’s faithful, as shepherds of the Catholic Church in Kenya which they together promote by forms and means of Apostolate suitable to the circumstances of place and time, in accordance with the Law, to promote the greater good which the Church offers to all Mankind (c. 447, CIC). The Authority of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops is vested in the Ordinary and Extraordinary Plenary Assembly. Currently there 26 Catholic Jurisdictions spread over 4 Metropolitan Provinces,that is, 4 Archdioceses, 20 Dioceses, 1 Apostolic Vicariate and 1 Military Ordinariate.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To develop and maintain strategic HR programs, policies and practices for the KCCB General Secretariat, KCCB owned and affiliated institutions and create a highly motivated workforce capable of ensuring optimal institutional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical advice to KCCB-GS, Arch/Dioceses and KCCB Institutions on HR matters.
- Provision of fully integrated and effective human resources services
- Plan, direct and coordinate the human resource management activities in order to maximize the strategic use of human resources.
- Contribute to the KCCB-GS’s strategic and operational goals by developing and initiating human resource policies, procedures and guidelines as deemed appropriate and in line with KCCB-GS strategic plan, mandate and legal requirements.
- Manage human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and succession planning;
- Ensure compliance with labour and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Facilitate and monitor benefit packages such as compensation, health insurance, and Liaising with Insurer and Payroll about Workers Compensation Claims as required.
- Supports management by providing human resource advice, counsel
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives and recommendations to Bishops on necessary changes.
- Proven track record and ability to manage change and interpersonal conflict;
- Be able to initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programs as well as undertake special research aimed at improving organizational effectiveness;
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in either Human Resource Management or its equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Social Sciences
- Post Graduate Diploma or National Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Minimum of Eight (8) years post qualification relevant experience Three (3) of which should be at senior level in a large organization.
- Membership to Institute of Human Resource Management
- Being Certified Human Resource Professional – Kenya (CHRP – K) will be an added advantage
- Fully conversant with labour Laws ad HR best practices and emerging trends.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Knowledge of the Social teaching of the Catholic Church
Applications should be addressed to:
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O. Box 13475 – 00800
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing Date : 27th December, 2020
Guess this advert on Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.