KCSE Biology Paper 1 2019 PDF – If You are among the Candidates that will be writing Biology in the upcoming KCSE exams this year, review the past paper 2, It is very helpful. After a successful download of the PDF of KCSE Biology Past Paper 1 for 2019, start practicing the KCSE Biology Paper 1 2019 consistently to see good results.
What to expect: kcse Biology past papers 2019, KCSE Biology Paper 3 2019, kcse Biology 2019 questions and answers, kcse Biology topics, KCSE Biology Paper 1 2019, KCSE Biology Paper 2… Keep reading…
There are KCSE Biology past Papers that will prepare You for the upcoming KCSE exams 2020, We believe that KCSE Biology questions and answers are worth It when it comes to revision for KCSE examinations. You must know that there are no new questions, it’s just a repetition of already-set Biology questions but in a different tricky form.
KCSE Biology PAPER 1 2019 with Answers
If You decide to buy the past revision Papers from us, the content of What You will receive for every order are as follows
- KCSE Biology Questions and answers
- KCSE Biology Marking Schemes
- Biology Prediction Questions
We will send the Past Papers PDF to your email for You to download and study. But If You download the free version on this page, certainly the marking schemes may be limited and obviously the KCSE prediction questions are not attached.
If You have any problems or enquires about KCSE Biology Paper 1 2019, please visit portal.starbinet.com to post your questions and answers.
You can as well leave a comment below and We will respond accordingly.
Kenya Certiﬁcate of Secondary Education Biology Past Paper
KCSE Biology Paper 1 2019
Biology KCSE 2019 Questions and Answers
BIO paper 1
Answer all the questions in the spaces provided.
1. Name the characteristic of living organisms illustrated by each of the activities described below: (a) Dressing heavily (1 mark)
(b) Bursting of the sporangium in the Rhizopus sp (1 mark)
2. (a) Besides venation, state two other external characteristics of leaves that can be used to classify plants.(2 mark)
(b) Explain why the bat is classified as a mammal yet it flies.(2 mark)
3. The diagram below illustrates a specialised cell obtained from a certain tissue.
(a) Name the cell.(2 mark)
(b) State two ways in which the cell is structurally adapted to its function. (2 marks)
4. In investigating a certain pliysiological process, students set up the apparatus as shown below and made the observation after 30 minutes as illustrated.
(a) Name the BIOsiological process being investigated.(1 mark)
(b) Account for the observation made at the end of the experiment.(3 mark)
(c) State the likely identity of G.(3 mark)
5. Explain why significantly increasing the blood pH slows down the rate of selective reabsorption of materials in the kidney tubules. (3 marks)
6. (a) Name the respiratory structure in the amoeba.(1 mark)
(b) Give a reason for your answer in (a) above.(1 mark)
….. …… ………………………
7. Distinguish between chemical and mechanical digestion.(1 mark)
g. State the role of each of the following in the mammalian respiratory system:
(a) mucus (2 mark)
(b) cartilage rings (1 mark)
(c) epiglottis (1 mark)
9. Below is a photograph of Brassica oleracea, Sukuma wiki leaf.
(a) State two observable features that adapt the leaf to gaseous exchange. (2 marks)
10. In an investigation, students set up the apparatus below in the laboratory and made observations after 72 hours.
(a) Explain how inclusion of the following components would affect the mouse in the experiment:
(i) light (2 marks)
(ii) sodium hydroxide solution (2 marks)
11. Explain each of the following BIOsiological observation :
(A) Sportsmen release little, concentratcd urine at the end Of a strenuous exercise (3 marks)
(b) A rabbit has a higher oxygen demand than a camel (3 marks) ——————————————————————————
12. While investigating a certain metabolic process in plants, students set up the apparatus as shown below in a classroom and monitored it for 48 hours.
(a) Identify the metabolic process under investigation.(1 mark)
(b) Account for the observations made in the test tube at the end of the investigation. (2 Marks)
13. A female human being was found to have an extra sex chromosome in her cells.
(a) Give the total number of chromosomes in the female individual’s cells.(1 Marks)
(b) Explain the possible cause of this condition.(2 Marks)
(c) State two BIOsical characteristics observed in the female individual with such a condition. ———————————
14. (a) Explain why fossil records as evidence of organic evolution are usually incomplete.(3 marks) ———————————————-
(b) Name the evidence of organic evolution exhibited by occurrence of similar amino acid molecules in a range of organisms. (1 Marks)
15. (a) Distinguish between guttation and transpiration.(1 Marks)
(b) State the significance of transpiration to a plant.(2 Marks)
16. State two benefits of mutation in living organisms. (2 Marks)
17. Below are photographs of two dogs.
Explain the possible reason for the difference in the length of their fur. (2 mark)
18. Name the type of t00th in carnivores mainly used for piercing and killing of preys. (1 mark)
19. Below is a diagram of the human digestive system.
(a) Label with Y on the diagram where enzyme amylase is produced. (2 marks)
(b) Besides the digestive role, explain one other function of the part labelled H. (2 marks)
20. State how each of the following features enhance efficient movement of fish in water.
(a) Scale (1 mark)
(b) body shape (1 mark)
21. Make a diagram of a simple, bilobed leaf with a serrated margin.(3 mark)
22. The chart below illustrates how respiratory gases are transported in the human blood.
(a) Identify gas Q. (I mark)
(b) Explain the advantage oxyhaemoglobin has over carboxyhaemoglobin.(2 mark)
23. State three homeostatic roles of the liver. (3 marks)
24. (a) Plasmodium vivax and P lasmodium ovale are transmitted by a mosquito. State with a reason whether the tWo organism s can interbreed. (2 marks)
(b) Explain the evolutionary basis for the ever changing drugs for malaria treatment. (2 marks)
25. State one characteristic of muscles responsible for each of the following:
(a) peristaltic movement (1 marks)
(b) movement of limbs (1 marks)
KCSE Biology Paper 1 2019 Questions and Answers
KCSE Biology Marking scheme Paper 1 – Biology and Government paper 1
The Marking Schemes will be available soon, Please Check back on this page later
If You want the marking schemes, send Us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your the subject and your name and We will guide You on How to get the documents.
KCSE Biology Paper 2 2019
KCSE Biology Paper 3 2019
After a successful purchase of the past Papers It is time for revision. Put in your best and get the best out of your KCSE Exams.
To purchase the Comprehensive KCSE Biology Past papers 2019 PDF, Go to the Matric Exam Papers Master Page
We guess this information on KCSE Biology Papers 2019 PDF was really helpful, tell Us What You think in the comment session below. We wish to hear your views, do not forget to use the share buttons below to share with others.