KCB Bank Kenya Jobs 2020 for Senior Manager, Data Management available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Senior Manager, Data Management in KCB Bank Kenya.
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Technology Infrastructure department oversees planning, deployment and operation of state-of-the-art infrastructure services that include server, storage, network, databases and Cloud that support mission critical services for the Bank.
The role holder will act as the leader a team of database administrators responsible for planning, implementation, and operations of KCBs data systems (both structure and unstructured data). The environment is composed of diverse database systems running Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL servers.
The position holder will also lead in evolving the function into a fully-fledged data management function looking at both structured and unstructured data to support the bank in establishing big data and analytics practice based on evolving technologies such Hadoop and other open source technologies.
- Lead a team of database administrators maintaining KCB systems database systems running on diverse technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL etc.
- Provide technical guidance for design, development, integration and testing of production databases.
- Responsible for ensuring conformance to security standards for all data management systems.
- Responsible for data management capacity planning to meet required business needs.
- Design BCP and HA solutions for critical data management systems in order to achieve zero downtime during maintenance and failures.
- Responsible for support of data management systems including but not limited to availability, performance, and reliability of database systems.
- Lead adoption of open sourced databases for both structure and unstructured data as an alternative to existing proprietary ones.
- Responsible for CapEx and OpEx planning within the domain.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the data management systems with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Establish effective relationship with suppliers and partners to influence their plans and maximize value delivery from the relationship for all systems data management services.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT related field or Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 7 years’ experience in database management in environments with Oracle RAC, Dataguard, RMAN and Exadata Engineered Systems.
- Certification in Oracle – Oracle Certified Professional is required, Oracle Certified Master (OCM) preferred.
- Experience in Opensource SQL database (MySQL/Maria DB, PostgreSQL)
- Exposure to emerging NoSQL database eg Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
Closing Date : 16th September, 2020
Guess this advert on KCB Bank Kenya was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.