Jhpiego Jobs 2023 for Technical Officers – Quality Improvement- Nairobi
Jhpiego Jobs 2023 for Technical Officers – Quality Improvement- Nairobi available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is implementing The Challenge Initiative (TCI), a project funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) through The Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health (GI), Department of Population, Family & Reproductive Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Provide technical assistance at national and county level in carrying out continuous quality planning, assurance and improvement (CQI) systems support activities.
- Support in establishing data-informed systems for analyzing quality management gaps.
- Establish systems for quality management resources mapping and mobilization including infrastructure, health workforce and capacity development.
- Support to strengthen quality assurance structures and processes at the national and county levels including establishing processes of quality assurance capacity development and corrective measures.
- Engage regulators at various levels to ensure quality of care is within required professional standards.
- Strengthen oversight on implementation of standards and norms of practice, including mechanisms for reviewing and setting quality standards and norms for enhanced quality of care at all levels of service delivery.
- Strengthened continuous quality improvement teams and improvement coaching structures
- Facilitate learning and adapting processes based on data from improvement teams and reports
- Provide technical assistance to MOH and County in strengthening referral systems for enhanced access to quality care by patients.
- Support collaboration and coordination with related health services quality improvement efforts by MOH, Counties, private sector and other non-state actors, including donors, multilateral agencies, and other health system strengthening (HSS) and service delivery activities at national and county levels to harmonize efforts and approaches.
- Working with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and key partners, lead the review and adaptation of service delivery guidelines and the materials and processes to build capacity of the health workforce to deliver the quality improvement interventions.
- Develop and implement capacity building strategies and activities including conducting master trainings to build capacity of country trainers to cascade training/technical updates to County facilities.
- Mentor county trainers to provide quality planning, assurance and improvement onsite
- Collaborate with the monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) team, and other project personnel, to support ongoing monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Coordinate learning activities and leading efforts to translate data and findings into programmatic guidance and policy advocacy.
- Ensure compliance with donor operational policies and regulations.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Compile and/or review inputs to project reports and other programmatic and technical documents.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Community Health, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy or any other public health related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience successfully providing technical assistance and training in international health sector development projects that have implemented successful activities in quality improvement and health System Strengthening.
- Mid-level experience in advising and collaborating with the MOH at county and sub-geographic level
- Demonstrated experience in trainer development
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated experience with Kenya’s health care systems
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with varied stakeholders
- Excellent technical writing, problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a team setting with minimal supervision
- Awareness of, sensitivity to, and experience effectively working in diverse socioeconomic settings and with multi-cultural staff and groups.
- Strong teamwork skills: establishing productive relationships; meeting team objectives
How to Apply
Submit your CV with 3 referees and Application to HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 2 June. 2023
Regards from Starbinet