Islamic Relief Jobs 2023 for Project Assistant – Agriculture Service
Islamic Relief Jobs 2023 for Project Assistant – Agriculture Service available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
The project assistant will support in the implementation of Livestock and agriculture activities of the Strengthening Community Resilience and Economic Empowerment Programme (SHEEP Project) in Garissa County.
The Project Assistant Agriculture will assist in the implementation of Livestock and agriculture activities of the Strengthening Community Resilience and Economic Empowerment Programme (SHEEP Project in Garissa County. He/she will directly report to the Project Officer-Livestock and Agriculture
- Responsible for the overall field coordination, management & implementation of the Livestock and agriculture intervention
- Livestock and agriculture programme activities are implemented according to the annual work plan while maintaining the flexibility to shift priorities according to the changing context.
- Identify the groups and clients, their capacity building and training needs, particularly in the area’s livestock and agriculture production.
- Document community and stakeholders’ feedback and share with relevant stakeholders for appropriate action.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of project implementation at field Level.
- Prepare and submit monthly quarterly and annual work plans.
- Prepare and submit timely monthly, quarterly, annually narrative, and financial reports.
- Ensure key lessons and best practices from the project are documented and shared with all key stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to the project for their sustainability by developing linkages and network.
- Formulate plans to provide trainings needed at various levels and different phases of the project and support to conduct training.
- Supervise and monitor groups & project training on regular basis to ensure that activities are conducted as planned.
- Prepare a monthly progress report detailing the activities performed during the month, highlighting achievements, and making recommendations for future activities.
- Supporting and keeping track of day-to-day activities implementation at the selected sites.
- Preparation of weekly project implementation plans/acceleration plans
- Ensure timely implementation of project activities as per the work plan budgetary, standards and procedures.
- Ensure filling of project documents in accordance with IRK policy and procedures.
- Ensure that livestock production & health activities that enable to promote the livestock products and marketing and this would create more income for communities.
- Ensure the preparation and implementation of the work plan activities, including M&E activities, meetings & visits of the project area conduct timely in coordination with the Field coordinator and MEAL officer
- Facilitate consultation, participation and feedback to the community in relation to Islamic relief program and policies
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and Do No Harm and ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Fulfil any additional assignment as deem necessary by the organization and/or as assigned by Line manager.
- Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Animal husbandry, Veterinary Medicine, Animal Sciences, Agriculture, Rural development, or other relevant fields of study.
- Required experience in Agribusiness with at least 3 years of humanitarian work, UN, or Government Institutions
- Membership of Agriculture institutions in kenya is an added advantage.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing (both in English and Kiswahili, local language will be an added advantage)
- Effective IT Skills (Microsoft Office).
- Communication, tact, and negotiation skills.
- Conceptual understanding of participatory approach and sustainable development
- Conflict resolution and Problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of local or Kiswahili language.
- Willing to travel to the remote areas.
- Sympathetic with aims, values & objectives of Islamic Relief.
- Knowledge of computer package, such as excel, word, PPT etc.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 28 February. 2023
Regards from Starbinet