International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies Jobs 2020 for Grants Management and Donor Relations Coordinator available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Grants Management and Donor Relations Coordinator in International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian and development network, with millions of volunteers in 190 member National Societies. We are guided by Strategy 2020 – our collective plan of action to tackle the major humanitarian and development challenges of the present decade
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: To be determined
As part of the regional Partnership and Resource development team, the Coordinator Grants Management and Donor Relations is responsible for coordinating, managing grants compliance and accountability supporting Red Cross Red Crescent COVID-19 response in Africa Region. This includes a consistent effort to build trust with partners and generate resources.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the head of PRD in the region, the incumbent, Management and Donor Relations position will focus on the following:
- Coordinate accountability and stewardship to partners for the response:
- Ensure oversight and quality control on all pledges and grants made to COVID-19 Emergency Appeal, Africa Region allocation
- Lead and provide technical support in preparation of pre and post award activities in grant applications, inception, implementation and closure -award
- Participate in “Go/No-Go decisions for grant applications and partnership engagement – Due Diligence
- Review grant agreements (including financial budget, earmarking details and reporting requirements before signing with donor
- Participate and guide financial allocation of funds for National Societies through close liaison with the HeOPs, Cluster/Country offices and regional PRD
- Work with operational and accountable leads to mainstream effective contribution management and partner stewardship;
- Champion high quality accountability standards and ensure compliance with relevant policy and procedures;
- Ensure regular and proactive update to key partners with a view to developing trust and transparency in delivering Movement response in support to relevant National Societies.
2.Engagement and relationships with partners
- Proactively facilitate donors/partners’ field visits in close liaison with the Cluster/Country offices and regional PRD;
- Identify and nurture new partnerships and explore funding opportunities; prepare tailored presentations and communications material for potential new partners and donors
- Develop a knowledge base and analysis of partners with a view to maintaining and developing partnership engagement across the operation; keep updated a map of existing and potential partners, donors and funds
- Support the organisation of partnership and cooperation meetings, including for pledging or coordination purposes;
3.Support to Risk Management and mitigation
- Monitor a risk assessment process with regards to partners accountability, working in close coordination with Finance, Programmes and HEOPs.
4.Funding and resourcing plans
- Coordinate tailored proposals to specific partners to seek funding for the appeal;
- Contribute to funding gaps monitoring, including through weekly funding tables, and analyse/ propose/ implement corrective measures;
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the Technical teams and finance department in accordance with each grant requirement
- Facilitate and support resourcing efforts for the Red Cross Red Crescent response in close liaison with regional PRD team, the Cluster/Country offices, operational leads, PMER and Finance focal points.
- Keep Project Mangers informed about impending deadlines and deliverables, thus ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Supervise the reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful implementation of grant process
- Work closely with the CCST/ Country heads and Project managers to ensure timely preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for grant activities that feed into the overall programme report.
- Examine grant reports for accuracy and completeness and regularly monitor their budgets vis-a-vis financial reports and process and support transfers as appropriate
6. Capacity Building
- Identify capacity building needs and provide technical assistance where needed and training to assure compliance and technical skill-building
- Ensure that grant activities comply with IFRC procedures, as well as donors’ rules and regulations. This will call for ensuring that the field staff are familiar with grants management procedures. – grant management and reporting requirements
- Provide technical direction and monitoring of Africa National Societies ongoing grants activities;
- Analyse and monitor Africa National Societies growth of income and capabilities in partnerships, including for emergencies;
- Facilitating training where appropriate and supporting Mozambique RC in attending, implementing their own training in partnership and resource development.
7. Effective matrix management
- Ensure effective coordination with Cluster/Country offices, regional PRD team and technical leads to be involved in performing tasks.
- Work closely with the PMER Team in developing M&E plans to ensure that they are contributing to specific indicators and outcomes
- Work closely with the technical team- CCST/Country Heads/Project Managers to identify potential areas of support, suitability, and evaluation criteria
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Relevant post-graduate degree
- Relevant professional training courses
- Experience in partnerships and multi-stakeholder engagement, fundraising, planning and pledge management, Donor Relations, reporting, reporting
- Relevant work experience with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement, International Organizations, INGOs
- Working with international funding agencies (e.g. Multilaterals, Financial institutions, or governments)
- Experience in emergency appeal mechanisms and humanitarian donor policies
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Familiarity with government and multilateral funding systems and within the RC Movement
- Strong knowledge of information sharing tools including CRM
- Demonstrated skill in analytical and strategic thinking
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural context
- Highly organized, with ability to create a team approach
- Excellent communication skills, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship building skills; ability to build and strengthen internal and external networks, and establish effective partnerships, with National Societies
Competencies and values
- Movement context, principles and values
- National Society Capacity Strengthening
- Direction Setting and Quality Programme Management
- Resource Management
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Interpersonal Communication
- Cultural Awareness
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
How to Apply
Closing Date : 3 July, 2020
Guess this advert on International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.