International Crisis Group Jobs 2020 for Volunteer Intern, African Union Advocacy available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Volunteer Intern, African Union Advocacy in International Crisis Group.
Our Mission The International Crisis Group is an independent organisation working to prevent wars and shape policies that will build a more peaceful world. Crisis Group sounds the alarm to prevent deadly conflict. We build support for the good governance and inclusive politics that enable societies to flourish. We engage directly with a range of conflict actors to seek and share information, and to encourage intelligent action for peace. Our work is urgently needed as the world is confronted with a dramatic rise in the number of conflicts, with devastating humanitarian, social and economic costs. Efforts to resolve conflicts are complicated by the profound shift in geopolitics, as well as the increasing prominence of non-state actors ranging from religious militants to criminal gangs.
The International Crisis Group is looking for a full-time volunteer intern to assist the African Union Relations team based in Nairobi. Applicants must be available for a minimum of six months. The volunteer intern is expected to:
- Track developments at the African Union (AU) particularly regarding conflicts that are relevant to Crisis Group’s work;
- Monitor and summarise official AU documents including relevant reports, statements and communiqués issued by the AU Commission Chairperson and the Peace and Security Council;
- Schedule appointments, coordinate events , and take meeting notes;
- Contribute to the research and preparation of Crisis Group publications by gathering information, fact-checking and assisting with editing;
- Research and draft talking points, briefing notes and communication materials;
- Attend meetings with diplomats, international organisations, academic institutes, think-tanks and NGOs with or on behalf of Crisis Group staff.
The position is primarily administrative in nature but offers an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in a high profile international NGO and to learn about conflict analysis, advocacy, country specific and thematic issues, as well as the African Union.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in international relations, conflict studies, African studies, political science or similar;
- Proven interest in and knowledge of Africa (understanding of the AU helpful);
- Verbal and written command of English (French proficiency a plus);
- Research and note taking skills;
- Knowledge of Crisis Group reports helpful;
- Administrative skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, email and internet applications;
- Organised, self-motivation and flexible, with an ability to deal confidently and swiftly with a variety of demanding tasks.
Closing Date : 24th September, 2020
Guess this advert on International Crisis Group was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.