International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Jobs 2021 for Field Security and Crisis Management Coordinator available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Field Security and Crisis Management Coordinator in International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
Established in 1863, the ICRC operates worldwide, helping people affected by conflict and armed violence and promoting the laws that protect victims of war. An independent and neutral organization, its mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We are based in Geneva, Switzerland, and employ some 14,500 people in more than 80 countries. The ICRC is funded mainly by voluntary donations from governments and from national Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Field Security and Crisis Management Coordinator.
The Field Security & Crisis Management Coordinator oversees all aspects of security and crisis management in the Delegation.
He/she will be tasked with advising the ICRC Management at strategic level, implementing/improving security and safety procedures, and running the day to day security related tasks for the Kenyan operation (including the management of the security team).
The Field Security & Crisis Management coordinator ensures that ICRC sub structures covered by the Delegation adhere to the same security standards in Mombasa, Djibouti and Dar es Salaam.
Tasks And Responsibility
- Ensures that the ICRC’s operations are carried out with the highest level of security for its staff and property and manages crisis situations;
- Ensures/is responsible for the implementation of minimum security management requirements in the Regional Delegation;
- Manages all safety and security matters, systems, policies and set ups;
- Manages the security team in Nairobi and contracted security personnel;
- Contributes to the delegation’s analysis of the humanitarian, political and security environment, risk assessment and the elaboration of related action plans;
- Liaises with all relevant external stakeholders such as weapon-bearers, authorities, security focal points within other organizations;
- Provides overall coaching on the Risk Assessment (RA) process, assists teams in applying the ICRC’s security and safety risk methodology;
- Ensures a precise information flow between ICRC staff and the security department;Has oversight, organizes or participates to security training to staff and ensures that appropriate security management tools are known and applied.
Minimum Requirements And Competencies
- University degree in law, International relations, security or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 -12 years overall professional experience;
- Significant professional field experience with a successful track record in managing security;
- Proven experience in crisis and security management;
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English language. Working level of French language would be an added asset;
- Willingness to travel frequently in the region.
Guess this advert on International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.