Inkomoko Jobs 2023 for Head of Advocacy
Inkomoko Jobs 2023 for Head of Advocacy available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
Inkomoko’s vision is an Africa with thriving communities where young people and refugees are engaged, communities have access to relevant innovations for self-determination, and where African solutions are unleashed to solve African problems. Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has provided business advisory and access to finance for thousands of entrepreneurs across East Africa. As the largest investor in refugee businesses, we have disbursed more than $6M in capital to more than 3000 clients. This affordable finance for Inkomoko entrepreneurs helps them grow their businesses, create jobs, and improve their livelihoods. As we look forward, Inkomoko is developing new ways to engage communities to thrive. Creating meaningful market linkages, expanding to secondary cities, and advocating for economic inclusion, Inkomoko has added these community-based approaches to our enterprise development work. By 2030, Inkomoko will be in 8 countries, serving more than half a million small businesses, creating a positive impact for more than 7 million people across the Continent.
Specifically, the positions responsibilities include:
- Define the advocacy strategy and roadmap. Map the core barriers to our clients’ success, the stakeholders who maintain/impact that status quo, and approaches to change. This role requires someone who can see a big vision, as well as targeted opportunities to make lasting change.
- Lead execution on advocacy approaches. Lead the development and implementation of advocacy strategies to promote the rights and economic contribution of refugees and IDPs . Take action, pulling in our Senior Leadership Team (c-suite, Managing Directors and Regional Directors) to ensure that our strategy comes to life. Constantly scan the legal and regulatory frameworks to see opportunities for inputting our perspectives into the conversation. Get a seat at the table.
- Coordinate government relations. Build and maintain relationships with government officials, NGOs, UN agencies, and other stakeholders and work in deep partnership with them to influence favorable policies and regulatory opportunities that support refugees and Internally Displaced persons.
- Represent Inkomoko’s perspective. Contribute our perspectives to top-line industry conferences and publications to influence collective knowledge at the intersection of forced migration and private sector development.
- Proactive communications and engagement with cross-functional internal teams Collect insights and trends from the field and our clients to integrate into our advocacy strategy and decision-making at all levels of the organization. Be able to take a real-life experience of an individual entrepreneur and extrapolate the larger policy implications.
- Define and measure qualitative success. Engage the MEL team to both define qualitative metrics of success, as well as pose to them the data and stories that you need to make your case. Prepare and present reports, briefings, and other materials related to advocacy efforts.
- 8+ years of relevant experience working across East Africa in issues of advocacy, refugee rights, entrepreneurship/livelihoods policy, government/bi-lateral relations.
- A sense of urgency and patience to run the long marathon of systems change.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and sees opportunity and can craft a plan to leverage it.
- A deeply strategic thinker with an understanding of how systems link together and how to leverage adjustments for meaningful impact.
- Great communication and storytelling skills, with ability to build sincere rapport with a variety of stakeholders and to speak persuasively with compassion, conviction, and data insights.
- Government relations, partner management, and stakeholder engagement experience with C-level decision-makers.
- Community organizing or campaign experience is a plus.
- Proactive and ability to work independently and in coalition.
- Available to travel frequently across East Africa.
- Unrelenting commitment to equity, refugees, poverty alleviation, improved livelihoods and the Inkomoko mission.
- Master’s degree in a related field, preferred but not required.
- Lived experience of displacement is highly respected and sought for all leadership roles at Inkomoko.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12 June. 2023
Regards from Starbinet