IDinsight Jobs 2021 for (Senior) Associate, Africa Executive Team available. See details below on how to apply for the position of (Senior) Associate, Africa Executive Team in IDinsight.
IDinsight is an international development organization that helps policymakers and managers make socially impactful decisions using rigorous evidence. We carefully tailor a wide range of analytical and quantitative tools to enable our clients to design better policies, rigorously test those ideas, and take informed action at scale to improve lives. Our services include experimental evaluation methodologies – including, but not limited to, randomized controlled trials – tailored to the priorities of international development decision-makers; monitoring and performance management systems to facilitate continuous data-driven improvement; policy design consulting and scale-up support.
African Nationals and nationals of the above countries, in particular, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The (Senior) Associate, Africa Executive Team, will work closely with executive, client-facing, and operations teams on high-impact projects across the continent. They will be joining the Africa Executive team at a crucial time at which the region is aiming to build out the structures to support long-term growth, including partnerships, projects, and personnel. This is a role with visibility into the core parts of how our organization functions, and which will be key in contributing to the growth and impact of the Africa team.
About the (Senior) Associate, Africa Executive Team role
The Africa team is structured around three regional offices in Dakar, Senegal (for West and North Africa); Lusaka, Zambia (for Southern Africa); and Nairobi, Kenya (for East Africa), with project offices in Morocco, Malawi, and South Africa. The Africa team is over 50 teammates strong and poised for further growth in 2021 and beyond. The (Senior) Associate, Africa Executive Team, will work closely with executive, client-facing, and operations teams on high-impact projects across the continent. They will be joining the Africa Executive team at a crucial time at which the region is aiming to build out the structures to support long-term growth, including partnerships, projects, and personnel. This is a role with visibility into the core parts of how our organization functions, and which will be key in contributing to the growth and impact of the Africa team.
The Senior Associate, Africa Executive Team, will report to the Africa Chief of Staff, while also supporting our Office Leads and collaborating closely with IDinsight’s Africa Operations team. We seek a self-starter who will be able to independently manage a range of work-streams, who is looking for a role that emphasizes problem-solving, organization, and rapid execution, and who would be excited to develop the skillset of a Chief of Staff. This role is a particularly good fit for individuals that want to gain insights and experience relevant to how fast-paced, fast-growing non-profits are run.
The Senior Associate, Africa Executive Team, will have the following responsibilities:
- Implement strategic internal initiatives in partnership with the Chief of Staff. On-going and new initiatives include i) identifying ways to better measure and communicate IDinsight’s social impact, particularly on Learning Partnerships, ii) exploring new services through which IDinsight could add-value to clients, and iii) identifying ways to grow IDinsight’s presence on the continent.
- Support Africa Senior Leadership in developing partnerships across the continent. This includes working with the Chief of Staff and Africa Leadership to identify potential new partners, conduct preliminary research, develop presentations, and join client development conversations. This also includes supporting Directors in building out concept notes and proposals for new IDinsight engagements.
- Support Africa Senior Leadership in managing relationships with key funders and thought partners across the continent. This includes leading annual reporting for funding partners, exploring ways to deepen these relationships over time, developing ad-hoc communication materials, and proactively identifying ways in which IDinsight Africa can increase our social impact and reach across the continent.
- Own, manage, and maintain the Africa Data Hub. This includes acting as central point-person for all information about current and pipeline projects being developed across the continent. They would be a key contributor to manage our project staffing across the continent, and would also act as a liaison between project teams, and global functions such as our executive, communications, innovations and Research, Evaluation and Data teams.
- Optimize collaboration within the Africa team, and between the Africa Executive team and other IDinsight teams. This includes leading the agenda coordination, scheduling, pre-read compilation, and follow-ups for all internal calls with the CEO, COO, Africa Leadership, and other global teams. This would also include preparing Africa-specific material for board meetings, global calls, etc.
- Ability to be solution-oriented and get a lot done quickly. You will need to translate high-level strategic ideas into immediate action plans, and execute on multiple workstreams simultaneously. You bring a solution-first mentality in working with internal and external senior leadership to deal with challenges.
- Ambition, the ability to think strategically, and a desire to tackle major challenges. You thrive when asked to collaboratively solve complex or thorny problems under time pressure. You are excited to weigh in on high-level organizational decisions on topics that might not be familiar to you; and are willing and able to discuss, brainstorm, and ideate with our senior teammates and senior external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record as an entrepreneurial self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and workstreams.
- Excellent soft skills and communication skills across all mediums (written communications, public speaking, teamwork, and upward management). You can translate complex and multifaceted information into digestible materials, and can effectively build rapport and communicate with senior leaders (internal and external).
- High level of independence and attention to detail – if you say the work will be done, it will be done.
Skill and career development are core to IDinsight’s values and long-term impact strategy, and have been noted as highlights of teammates’ experiences. IDinsighters receive significant mentorship from IDinsight leadership, support from talented peers, and are given considerable autonomy when ready. They maintain professional development plans and are given “stretch” opportunities designed to strengthen a variety of skills. Real-time feedback is embedded in our culture and formal, structured enables maximum professional growth.
Nuts and Bolts
Location is flexible between Dakar, Senegal; Lusaka, Zambia; Nairobi, Kenya, or Rabat, Morocco. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and track record. The preferred start date is as soon as possible. We expect a minimum two-year commitment, with regular professional development conversations, growth opportunities, and potential for a long-term career at IDinsight.
Guess this advert on IDinsight was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.