HELB Subsequent Loan Applications 2022/2023 – Apply now
HELB Subsequent Loan Applications 2022/2023: HELB Application Portal – portal.helb.co.ke… Higher Education Loans Board Portal | HELB Student Portal Login / Registration for the first and subsequent application.
HELB Subsequent Applications 2021, Higher Education Loans Board closing date, HELB Application Deadline… Keep reading for more details…
The HELB Subsequent Application 2022 portal has been enabled for those who seek to apply.
Subsequent Loan Applications: HELB has so far received 17,980 online applications out of the expected 43,000.
For students who have already remitted their forms, they will be verified and disbursement for Tuition and Upkeep (into their respective bank accounts) of Kshs.
Recommended: HELB Application Deadline 2022/2023 | Hurry Now
Helb Subsequent Loan Applications 2022/2023 Eligible Students
- Recent beneficiaries of the Undergraduate Loan
- Students placed by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Placement Service [KUCCPS] in the local public and private universities
- Self-Sponsored, Parallel and Module II Students studying for a Bachelor’s degree only [Certificate, Diploma, Pre-University and Postgraduate students ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PRODUCT]
HELB Undergraduate Subsequent Loan – Step-by-step guide
You can start with these steps containing different ways to apply.
Applying with HELB MOBILE APP
If you have a smartphone, then the cheapest way of submitting your application is by using the HELB mobile app. Here is a screenshot of what the app looks like:
Start with these steps…
- Applicants should visit Google play store and download the HELB Mobile Application.
- Register your details (First name, Phone, Email Address, National ID and KRA PIN number) on the HELB App to generate a PIN which you will use to log in and accept the license agreement. Ensure that you use the Safaricom number that you use for Mpesa transactions and it should be registered in your name
- Read the mandatory Financial literacy notes and undertake a brief Question & Answer to appreciate the purpose of credit. Scroll down to view results then click “proceed”.
- Click on loans then select undergraduate loans to get the Undergraduate Subsequent Loan Application Form [LAF].
- Follow each step to fill in the required details and submit. A pop-up message will appear to show that you have successfully applied. The loan serial number will also be displayed
NB: You will be required to pay Kshs. 1 from your MPESA account during the application process to verify your telephone number. Please note, the application is paperless hence no printing.
- Students that are not Safaricom subscribers will be directed to the Portal and apply using the application form, after which they will be required to print and submit the form to the HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1 Floor at Anniversary Towers
Please ensure that you read, understand, and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process including reading and undertaking the HELB Financial Literacy Program
The maximum Undergraduate loan awarded is Kshs. 60,000. For the students placed by Kenya University and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS), the loan amount is split to cater for both Tuition fee and Upkeep. A standard amount of Kshs. 4,000 for Government sponsored students only is deducted from the loan awarded and disbursed to the university per semester, for tuition [Total Ksh 8, 000] and the rest is sent to the applicant’s bank account as upkeep.
For the Self sponsored students, all the money is sent directly to the university once a year as tuition fees.
An Administrative Fee of Ksh. 500 per year is charged on the loan awarded and it is therefore deducted from the disbursed loan. A limited number of needy government sponsored students receive a bursary of between Ksh. 4, 000 and Ksh. 8,000 per year. The Bursary is paid to the university as tuition.
Repaying the Undergraduate Loan
Undergraduate loan repayment starts within one year of completion of studies or within such a period as the Board decides to recall the loan, whichever is earlier. However, one can make voluntary payments before or after completion of studies to reduce the loan balance. HELB UG Loans are charged 4% interest per annum and is repayable up to a maximum of 120 months.
USING THE HELB LOAN MOBILE SERVICES
Another way you can use to apply for the loan is by utilizing the mobile USSD code. Register by using the steps below:
- Click the ussd code (*642#) to copy the number to your dialer and add # at the end, if the link did not copy the # sign at the end of the numbers.
- Send the number
- Then Select/ enter 1 and send.
- On the next window prompts, provide your: First name, last name, National ID number, date of birth.
- Enter a PIN you can easily remember and confirm it.
- A registration success message will be displayed thus: “Thank you for registering with the HELB mobile platform. You will receive SMS Confirmation Shortly.”
- Then, proceed to make your loan application.
This is yet another method via which the loan application can be filed.
- Visit the Helb portal by visiting the link; https://portal.helb.co.ke/auth/signin
- Enter your email address and password then click ‘Sign in’.
- Select the loan application name to get the application form. Fill it and submit. (Only The Products in Green Background Are Open for Application. Click On Row Of The Loan Product You Wish To Apply For).
The image is the screenshot of the HELB Login page, take note of the highlighted link.
- HELB will use the email and telephone contacts provided on the Loan Application Form for communication on the progress of the application.
- The number of students supported and amount of loans awarded will depend on availability of funds.
- The HELB loan application form is FREE
- The application form is only accessible through the HELB student portal on portal.helb.co.ke. Do not pay anyone to process your HELB loan.
- The HELB Subsequent Loan Applications is expected to be close by 30th October 2021. The HELB Loan portal will shut down on the same date.
Leave a comment below If You have any issues regarding How to get the HELB Subsequent Application form.