Heifer International Jobs 2020 for Permanent Method Provider available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Permanent Method Provider in Heifer International.
Heifer International’s mission is to work with communities to end world hunger and poverty and to care for the Earth. Dan West was a farmer from the American Midwest and member of the Church of the Brethren who went to the front lines of the Spanish Civil War as an aid worker. His mission was to provide relief, but he soon discovered the meager single cup of milk rationed to the weary refugees once a day was not enough. And then he had a thought: What if they had not a cup, but a cow? That “teach a man to fish” philosophy is what drove West to found Heifer International. And now, nearly 70 years later, that philosophy still inspires our work to end world hunger and poverty throughout the world once and for all.
Bachelor’s degree in project planning, Monitoring and Management, Economics and/or Statistics, or an equivalent with an academic focus on monitoring and evaluation or another related field. Demonstrated experience in coordinating and working with international donors and grantees on PME/MLE systems. Minimum of three (3) years of direct relevant MELS experience.
- Five (5) years or more of direct relevant MELS experience.
- Experience performing M&E activities generally and, on a USAID-funded project.
- Experience in undertaking veterinary epidemiology and/or veterinary medicine, including formal training.
- Experience in supporting and monitoring field-based programs in the region.
- Experience in managing databases and coordinating evaluations, surveys, and impact monitoring.
A. Implement monitoring, evaluation, learning and systems for BAA Project. (30%)
- Prepare and maintain MEL Plan for the project.
- Collect and manage data to support needs assessment, BAA project logical framework design/Review and target setting, and progress management.
- Work with external evaluators to conduct the Baseline, Mid-term and final evaluations
- Conduct and manage monitoring of project progress, annual surveys, living income validation and support evaluations as per M&E plan.
- Ensure the effective implementation of MELS policies, procedures and guidelines for BAA project.
- Ensure proper use of available digital tools and technology for effectively managing MELS activities, including data collection survey using SurveyCTO.
- Provide support to implementing partners in preparing their MELS plans, and in using digital tools for data collection and management.
- Disseminate learning findings from project monitoring, evaluation, and research. Lead learning events with key stakeholders within the project communities, implementation partners, and Heifer in general
- Elevate MELS related challenges to Project Manager for coordination with Director of Programs, PME manager and Country Director to find timely solutions.
B. Data management, analysis and utilization for learning. (25%)
- Conduct and/or quality assure all M&E data collected in country.
- Summarize/ aggregate /analyze data at County/FOAB level and contribute to organization-wide aggregation.
- Manage all data properly in clean form, and analyze to use for project management, learning and meet all the reporting needs.
- Design, manage, and evaluate study protocols, questionnaires, sample selection, and analysis.
- Ensure timely data availability and reporting to stakeholders as needed.
- Work with the project management to respond to periodic donor and Heifer requests for additional information on project activities and results.
- Document, store, and share lessons learned, successes, failures, and best practices via case studies.
- Collect data through Heifer’s Computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI) SurveyCTO system.
- Develop and monitor BAA project level action agenda to ensure that they are refined and acted upon.
- Conduct internal Data Quality Assessment (DQA) using SPSS and oversee implementation of DQA recommendations.
C. Contribute to BAA program effectiveness: design monitoring, evaluation, learning and systems for BAA Project (20%).
- Design monitoring and evaluation plan incorporating core standard indicators defined by BAA Project and set targets for indicators.
- Create indicator reference sheet for all indicators.
- Design Monitoring and reporting tools for the projects
- Ensure adaptive learning from monitoring and evaluation findings
- Contribute to the designing of monitoring and surveillance systems and analyses of data from them.
- Implement the projects Results Framework & logical framework for BAA.
- Design data collection tools, plans and processes for all required information, ensuring high quality and integrity of data.
- Review and adjust M&E plans and targets, tools and processes periodically.
- Ensure alignment of BAA M&E plans and procedures with USAID’s standards and requirements.
- Support development of a MELS budget for BAA project.
- Track project adaptation in response to monitoring and evaluation findings.
D. Capacity Development (15%)
- Equip program, distributors, and FOAB staff with skills to deliver MELS activities efficiently.
- Orient and build Heifer, Cargill and implementing partners capacity in MELS activities including proper record keeping and data management.
- As needed, supervise, and manage supporting staff for efficient work and maintaining project and MEL compliance.
- Provide coaching and training to equip staff to deliver the assigned responsibilities efficiently.
- Contribute in the recruitment, training and supervision of external parties that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating project effects and impacts for BAA.
E. Business Development (5%)
- Support the development of concept notes, project proposals, and submission to potential donors.
- Support research and evaluation initiatives in specific BAA Counties.
- Assist in networking with other development organizations, governments, and other line agencies in promoting Heifer’s and Cargill’s development model/initiatives, and potential collaborations.
Guess this advert on Heifer International was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.