GSU Recruitment 2022/2023 Application | All You need to apply
We have explained all You need to know to apply for the GSU Recruitment g exercise. The General Service Unit, GSU under the Kenya Police Force recruitment for 2022/2023 has the following proceedings.
The Kenya Police Service wishes to notify the general public on the measures to be taken in the recruitment exercise. The GSU Application Form 2021 will soon be available, however here is some information to keep in mind as We wait for the date to be announced.
Functions of the General Service Unit
The functions and Duties of GSU include:
- Providing security to the president and the statehouse
- Offering protection to several chosen foreign airlines
- Giving security to strategic points and vital installations
- Regulating rioting mobs and civil disturbances.
- Undertaking escorting duties and anti-poaching operations
- Preventing lawlessness and cattle rustling
- Countering acts of terrorism and insurgencies
GSU recruitment 2021 requirements
Below is the list of requirements for Kenyans who want to apply
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- He or she should possess a national identity card
- A minimum qualification of D+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a D+ in Kiswahili or English languages.
- Holders of KCSE certificate or its equivalent must be aged between 18-28 years while for diploma and degree holders should be between 18-30 years.
- The candidate should meet the minimum requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
- He or she should be fit mentally, physically, and medically.
- He or she should not have any criminal records or pending criminal charges.
- For the female candidates, they should not be pregnant during the process of recruitment or the entire period of training.
GSU recruitment 2021 prospective Applicants with any of the following skills are highly encouraged to apply.
- Forensic science
- Carpenters and joiners
- Clinical officers or nurses
- Electronics technicians
- Laboratory technicians
- Video editors
- Welders and fabricators
- Vehicle electricians
- Painters and signwriters
- Sign language interpreters
GSU Recruitment Date 2021
The GSU recruitment date has not yet been announced. There are many conflicting issues to when the GSU Police recruitment will start. We will update you with the date as soon as the GSU Service announces the date for 2021.
GSU Registration Centres
Although there is scare information about recruitment since the actual date has not been released, there is some general information that is significant for the applicants. When the national government releases the exact recruitment dates, interested and qualified candidates can obtain the application forms in either of the following designated centers:
- At the offices of the sub-county Deputy Administration Police Commander (DAPC)
- At any police station or the Officer Commanding Police Division (OCPD)
- At your nearest Huduma Center
- At the offices of any county commissioner
GSU Recruitment Closing date 2022/2023
When is the deadline for the 2021 Kenya police recruitment? At the moment, there is no GSU Kenya closing date since the actual date of application has not been released. Individuals are highly advised to disregard any information and publication going rounds about the available vacancies in the Kenya Police Service.
How to apply for GSU recruitment 2021
Screening and examination
Applicants who have been successfully chosen to be part of the recruitment process and training exercises are requested through their emails to go to the screening centre for screening and examination exercise.
Kenya police recruitment training
Candidates who pass the screening and examination exercise are then invited to join GSU training school to undertake part in the training process. It involves several activities such as drilling and teachings on various core values of the Kenya Police Service
After successful completion of the entire training process, individuals who the trainers deem to be fit are recruited to become full-time GSU officers.
GSU salary in Kenya 2021
Though this is not a problem for those who join the General Service Unit if the money is not right, the effectiveness of the service would be hampered.
The GSU wages vary from one officer to another depending on GSU ranks. the Recruit officers are paid the least while the highest pay goes to the senior officers up to the Inspector General of Police.
As earlier said, how much a Kenya police officer earns should not be the basis for you to apply for GSU Recruitment 2021, take it as a benefit, and serve the country right.
Applicants Should Take Note of The Following
Individuals Who Are Interested in Taking Part in The Recruitment Process Should Note the Following Concerning Compliance with The Service. Failure to Fully Comply May Lead to Various Adverse Effects Which May Include the Applicant’s Disqualification.
- During the Application Process, Result Slips Are Not Accepted
- Candidates Who Directly or Indirectly Canvass for Positions Will Be Automatically Disqualified
- Candidates Who Will Intentionally Provide False or Fake Documents Will Be Disqualified, Arrested, and Consequently Prosecuted.
- Offering False Information to The Commissioner of Police Will Lead to The Applicant’s Arrest and Prosecution, Which Will Lead to A Prison Term of 2 Years or A Penalty of Ksh. 200, 000 According to Section 25 of The National Police Service Commission Act.
- Gsu Does Not Accept or Demand Gratifications or Gifts from Candidates. Individuals who will be caught offering such will not only be disqualified but will also be charged with corruption and bribery.