Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) Jobs 2021 for Head Of Programmes available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Head Of Programmes in Millar Cameron.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is an international organization driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. OUR METHODOLOGY / At GAIN, we believe that no one sector alone can solve the complex problem of malnutrition. We work closely with partners including governments, civil society, businesses, UN agencies, and academic institutions to develop programs that deliver large-scale and locally relevant solutions to malnutrition in more than 30 countries. In recent years we have expanded our approach to reach those on the margins of society, who are often the most excluded, vulnerable and severely malnourished, such as the Dalit community in India who experience oppression because of their caste; adolescent girls; and families affected by emergencies. ABOUT GAIN / Each day, 795 million people – one in nine – go hungry.
The HoP will be responsible for overseeing the design, development and successful implementation of the GAIN Kenya Programme Portfolio. They are responsible for ensuring that GAIN’s programmes and projects are of excellent technical quality, are delivered on time, on budget and in a coordinated fashion. As part of the Senor Management Team of the GAIN Kenya office, the HoP assists in ensuring organizational efficiency and effectiveness through participation in decision making, advising on strategic programmatic areas, solving problems, communication and implementation of agreed decisions. The HoP will report in to the Country Director, GAIN Kenya.
Specific Responsibilities include;
- Supporting the Country Director with the development, implementation and quality management of the country strategy so it maximizes impact to transforming local food systems for better nutrition
- Leading the program team to conceptualize and operationalize impactful interventions to improve nutrition outcomes in Kenya, including providing leadership in GAIN design and implementation QUADS
- Leading and providing management support for project implementation and ensuring effective and successful delivery of project milestones and results
- Supporting the Country Director with the planning and tracking of progress of the implementation of the country strategy, including the development and review of annual business plans
- Ensuring that all relevant laws and regulations in Kenya, and donors’ contractual requirements, are fully adhered to by the team
- Working with the Country Director in building relationships with external constituents for the purposes of advocacy, influencing and identifying appropriate partner organizations, and to build a long-term pipeline of program investments and impact grants
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring that all donor reports, narrative and financial, are of a high standard and are delivered on time, as well as ensuring compliance with GAIN’s internal reporting processes
- Working with the Head of Operations to coordinate the programme portfolio’s finncial execution and reporting
- Coaching, guiding and mentoring leaders within the team to ensure that they are effective as leaders and in managing their team
- You will have extensive management experience in leading and developing projects in a multi-cultural environment at international level.
- You will ideally demonstrate excellent management, communication, leadership and planning skills and will have strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Experience in donor reporting, policy work (from organisation to international) is desirable, as is a strong understanding of the nutrition-food systems nexus.
- At least a Masters degree or equivalent in one of the following fields; agricultural science, food science, public health, nutrition, economics or business development.
About our Offer
- The starting salary on offer for this role is KES 4,833,109 – 5,523,553 per annum, dependent on experience. GAIN may be able to offer a higher starting salary for particularly outstanding candidates.
- GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
- We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
- GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Starbinet.