GiveDirectly Jobs 2022 for Director of Technical Program Management available. See details below on how to apply for the position of Director of Technical Program Management in Millar Cameron.
GiveDirectly is the first – and largest – nonprofit that lets donors like you send money directly to the world’s poorest. We believe people living in poverty deserve the dignity to choose for themselves how best to improve their lives – cash enables that choice.
About This Role
Technology will play a critical role in enabling the next generation of cash delivery operations: from identifying recipients without needing to knock on doors, to best-in-class fraud detection. We are looking for a director to lead the team through rapid growth and drive a strategic technology roadmap that will enable cash delivery at scale, ultimately enabling GiveDirectly to send more cash to people experiencing extreme poverty.
Our technical program management team partners with our field operations teams to design and operationalize new cash delivery programs by implementing and managing the technology used for identifying, enrolling and paying recipients. It also partners with our engineering team to scope and define our roadmap for new software products to solve key problems in cash delivery. It’s part technical implementation – systems design, data collection, cleaning, modeling, and analysis – and part technical project management – requirements definition, stakeholder management, timeline management, problem solving, and prioritization.
You are a systems thinker who can balance long term investments against a host of day-to-day field challenges, both technical and operational. You have the technical expertise to guide engineering roadmap and drive vendor decisions to continue adding new capabilities to our stack. You can drive prioritization conversations among technical and non-technical stakeholders to negotiate competing priorities and fuel progress toward organizational goals. You are excited to grow a team, from hiring to coaching to figuring out systems and practices that can deliver high quality while scaling rapidly. This role is fully remote but must overlap with an East Africa timezone by at least 4 hours.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the technology build out for all new cash delivery program launches, helping GiveDirectly reach more people across more geographies
- Manage managers, each of whom manage a team of technical program managers and data associates
- Develop and grow the team through rapid scaling, including building norms and culture to enable the team to operate efficiently and maintain quality with rapid growth
- Build a culture of system design, data modeling, and project management best practices
- Partner with the engineering team to define software products to solve new challenges in cash delivery
- Serve as strategic decision maker on vendor selection for off-the-shelf tools to expand tech stack capability
- Drive roadmap discussions with teams across the organization, including operations, research, finance, and fundraising, including working across stakeholders to shift from a service mindset to product mindset
- Ensure the team follows best practices for data privacy and security, to ensure protection of recipient data
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of experience in a similar field (e.g., technical product/program management, software engineering, systems engineering, data analytics)
- 4+ years of people management experience with proven leadership ability in rapidly scaling high performing teams
- Demonstrated track record of delivering tech products from ambiguity to delivery
- Passion for both building process and structure to enable scale & jumping into open-ended problems
- Experience building a team culture of structured problem solving, drive to fix root causes, and high attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage the urgent alongside driving persistent, continual improvement and quality
- Strong systems thinking and ability to weigh short and long term tradeoffs of technical design decisions
- Strong ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively across cross-functional teams and senior business and technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of data security and privacy best practices
- Alignment with GiveDirectly Values and active demonstration of our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal or professional experience in the low-income and/or historically marginalized communities that we serve.
How To Apply
Closing Date : 30 June. 2022
Regards from Starbinet.