Finn Church Aid (FCA) Jobs 2023 for County Education Project Officer- West Pokot
Finn Church Aid (FCA) Jobs 2023 for County Education Project Officer- West Pokot available. See details below on how to apply for the position of IT Customer Service in Millar Cameron.
Finn Church Aid – Action for Human Dignity Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation organisation and the second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. We operate in 15 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. Aiming for permanent change Permanent change in developing countries can only be achieved through persistent cooperation with local communities and people. Finn Church Aid is committed to working until the people in need can independently secure their livelihood and satisfy their basic needs. For human rights, against poverty The reduction of poverty requires achieving peace and the realisation of human rights. Through our projects, we work to ensure both. We encourage decision-makers and all Finns to address structures that induce poverty, violence and human rights violations. Africa and Asia as the main targets In 2016, FCA will provide aid for 34 million euros in value. The majority of our funds come from private investors, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, and parishes. Over 85 percent of the donated funds are directed to aid work. The share of domestic operations and general administration is about 15 percent. Most of our assistance goes to Africa. The need for assistance on the continent has been caused and maintained by political instability, prolonged crises and natural disasters. The second most significant target for aid funds is Asia, which has the largest number of people living in poverty. International cooperation FCA is a partner organisation of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches, ACT Alliance. The alliance forms one of the largest aid organisations in the world. Its total volume is â‚¬1.6 billion each year, and it has operations in 140 countries. Over 100 aid organisations are involved in ACT Alliance.
- Build a working relationship at the county level with the committee that will provide technical oversight of the project from the Ministry of Education and UNICEF working closely with FCA County Education Coordinators, Education Specialist and other FCA staff.
- Represent Finn Church Aid (FCA) at county EIE level forums.
- Ensure close collaboration with partners designated to implement other EIE components of the project.
- Undertake extensive community mobilization for the enrollment of the targeted learners and their retension in the target EIE Project schools.
- Supervise and support integrated project activities e.g. WASH ,Protection, MPHSS, PSS etc.,
- Provide child protection to Out Of School Children who have been enrolled to school in his/her specific project. These services include psychosocial support, rescue and alternative family care for enrolled children in need of care & protection liaising with the county directorate of children services.
- Work closely with the County Directors of Education (CDE) & Protection and Sub County Education/Children Officers as s/he implement the project activities. This will require building and sustaining effective close working partnerships with sub county government counterparts through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme.
- Build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results of the EIE education project in the county.
- Provide overall leadership, and oversee the implementation of the project in the county.
- Develop and maintain detailed implementation plan, procurement plans and monitor the same for the project.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly work plans and ensure that program activities are implemented as planned and within the approved budget.
- Monitor monthly expenditure and track project budgets to ensure that spending on the project is in line with the approved budgets.
- Prepare and submit quality reports i.e weekly updates, activity reports, monthly and quartely reports.
- Submit monthly SITREP to the education specialist, Programme manager and country director.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree/Diploma in education is the preferred qualification. A social science degree in a related discipline would also be considered.
- Proven training in curriculum development and implementation, and educational administration.
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance.
- 3 years of progressive experience in primary education programs for refugees or rural communities.
- Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, administration and documentation skills in the management of educational institutions or programs consisting of primary education.
- Experience in proposal and report writing and excellent computer skills.
- Experience in Training of Trainers/Facilitators skills (TOT & TOF) an advantage.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23 May. 2023
Regards from Starbinet